Its was two years ago that I was fortunate enough to be traveling around Costa Rica and finding such an incredible Hotel when arriving to Mal Pais/Santa Teresa. Loved it so much that I ended up staying there for the rest of my vacation. Ever since, I've been going back once every 3/4 months!!!!
If you are looking for a place to rest, make incredible friends, experience the most beautiful sunsets, surf all day and everyday, and eat at THE best restaurant in town... then Hotel Buenos Aires is your spot. Javi and Flor, the owners, will make you feel at home and will always be there for you on anything you may need.
Have just come back from an amazing week-long getaway with friends and I'm already planning when will be my next visit.... hopefully very soon.
Here are some tips if looking for hotels in the area and why I always stay in Hotel Buenos Aires:
1) From Nov-May it doesn't rain, no paved roads and lots of dust. Stay a little more uphill for cleaner air
2) Tends to be really REALLY hot. Staying near the beach is nice, but you don't have any breeze to cool you down
3) Can find some monkeys on the trees near the beach, funny creatures but can be noisy in the early mornings
4) Finding a hotel with a pool can be a plus when you need to escape from the hot mid-day sun (this hotel has a nice relaxing pool adjacent to the restaurant/bar... sipping a margarita while overlooking the ocean is a MUST)
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Buenos Aires Costa Rica/Santa Teresa