“Awesome place with amazing views” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Buenos Aires

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Buenos Aires
Save Saved
You added Hotel Buenos Aires to your Saves list
Playa Carmen, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
London, United Kingdom
“Awesome place with amazing views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I were fortunate enough to stay in Buenos Aires in March 2012.
Great place with great people.
Javi and Florenzia are awesome, always there to help and have a chat.
The prices are very reasonable, and for what you get it an absolute bargain.
All rooms have sea views, hammocks and some garden furniture.
The garden has a beautiful green lawn, with some chairs and tables to chill and check out the surf.

The walk to the hotel might seem like a disadvantage, but actually its what makes it secluded and away from the dust of the roads. And there is a swimming pool half way up the hill, what makes it even better.

If I'm back in the area I'll make sure to book early enough as this place is one to remember!

Room Tip: cant go wrong with any room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I've been there a lot of times and it's always like coming back home. Javi and Florenzia are such great people.Always in a good mude and very hospitality.!!!!!
The rooms are simple , always clean, minibar is always full of what you prefer.
The view is so amazing. Still after all those years.
If you are in Santa Teresa, go there.
You will never forget it.
Thanx Javi and Flor. I come back, you guys know.

• Stayed March 2013
Buenos Aires, Distrito Federal, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

After a couple of trips to Costa Rica, my girlfriend and I found this beautiful hotel and booked for 3 nights... but ended up staying for more than a week!!! We fall in love with the astonishing view and the "tranquilo" atmosphere. The rooms are impecable clean and the wi-fi is quite good compared with other places we stayed before.
Where is the limit between being a host and being a friend? Not very clear here, for sure. Javi and Flor, the owners, are really people to meet. First class in all senses. Javi went surfing with us several mornings and we enjoyed a lot.
Located on a hill, 10-15 minutes walking to downtown (groceries and ATMs); it has the best of both worlds: well connected but not nosy.
A good tip.... Restaurant of the hotel is freaking great!!!!
As Arnold said, we will be back! Not kidding, we found our place in Costa Rica, not need for further investigation.

Room Tip: Air conditioned rooms are a good choice in summer, although you can live without it!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have stayed in Santa Teresa several times but this was my first at Buenos Aires. It was breath taking. The view is unbelievable. Javier was extremely helpful and welcoming. The hotel is such a bargain for what you get.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We had a really great time staying at the Buenos Aires Hotel. It seems like almost every reviewer wants to stay longer and so did we. We originally booked for 4 nights and eventually stayed for 8.

To begin with, Javi and Flo are the friendliest hosts that we have ever met. Javi always offered to drive us somewhere if he had the chance and he gave us all the advice we needed for just anything we wanted to know about the area and activities. On our last night we and the other guests staying at Buenos Aires at that moment were even invited for a barbecue that one of Javi's friends had for his birthday! This welcoming feeling almost gave us the idea we were staying with family instead of at a hotel.

The room was very spacious and perfectly clean and there were fresh towels every day. Our favorite spot became the hammock in front of our room from where you could relax and enjoy the gorgeous ocean view (one of the most spectacular views we have ever seen!)

We just left this morning and I am now writing this from another hotel with a tiny, not very clean room where we are staying for the same price. Almost makes us want to turn right back around and enjoy the rest of our vacation at Buenos Aires!

I would definately recommend to stay at Buenos Aires, as everyone including us seems to fall in love with this place. The walk up the hill is definately worth the beautiful view, great room and especially the most amazing hospitality you will ever find at a hotel!

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

What can I say - this place was absolutely amazing, the best views in the whole of Santa Teresa and a fantastic hotel. Rooms are huge and spotless. Javi and flo are amazing hosts and made our stay wonderful. You must stay here!

• Stayed August 2013
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is my first contribution since creating an account as I usually co-write the reviews with my fiancee on her account. However for this trip, I was on a solo surf trip for 9 days. My experience with this hotel and the owners from booking through my final departure was extraordinary. I received a prompt reply regarding availability and all of my questions were answered prior to arrival. Javier, the owner, booked a taxi for me to pick me up from the Tambor airport (US$50). Upon arrival he brought my bags to my room, lent me an umbrella due to the rain (my trip was in late June/early July - only rained about 20% of the time and the climate was very comfortable). He told me where I could find everything within walking distance (surf shops, restaurants, supermarket, pharmacy) as well as where to surf and when, depending on the tides. I generally surfed right at the bottom of the hill from the hotel (Playa Carmen), or a 20 minute walk north (Playa Santa Teresa). I opted to not rent an ATV, but that is a popular option and provides an easy way to explore and get to where you want to go faster. Since this was purely a surf holiday for me, I didn't mind walking and getting the extra exercise. Javier even drove me on his ATV 10 minutes up the road several mornings and surfed with me. Javier takes great pride in his hotel and treats his guests like true friends. The restaurant on the property is the best in town (amazing seafood) and the rain shower/pool is a nice treat to cool off after walking back to the hotel. The rooms are very clean and the AC, mini fridge and shower work perfectly. Since the hotel is set high up over the water, you get a good ocean view which is great for relaxing, watching sunsets or checking out the surf conditions. I couldn't have asked for a better place, especially for the price. I will certainly be back again for another surf trip.

Room Tip: All rooms have a similar view. Upper level, probably a better view and I believe those are the ones...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
buenosaireshotel, Propietario at Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
WOW Brandon, what a review, man!!!
Thank you for take some of your free time and write it!
All the reviews are great, but usually they are not as personal like yours, thank you for your words about how we treat our guest, and of course, not all the guest are or need the same things, but we try to make the best experience we can for all of you.
Reading your review made my day! l apreciate big time the way you put in words somthing so abstract like services and knowing then our place is not perfect, we try to be as happy as possible and transmit it to our guest.
Hope to see you around again and share a few good waves.
Love from Mal Pais.
Javier.

Been to Hotel Buenos Aires? Share your experiences!