“Amazing Views” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Buenos Aires

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Buenos Aires
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Atlanta, Georgia
“Amazing Views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have stayed in Santa Teresa several times but this was my first at Buenos Aires. It was breath taking. The view is unbelievable. Javier was extremely helpful and welcoming. The hotel is such a bargain for what you get.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We had a really great time staying at the Buenos Aires Hotel. It seems like almost every reviewer wants to stay longer and so did we. We originally booked for 4 nights and eventually stayed for 8.

To begin with, Javi and Flo are the friendliest hosts that we have ever met. Javi always offered to drive us somewhere if he had the chance and he gave us all the advice we needed for just anything we wanted to know about the area and activities. On our last night we and the other guests staying at Buenos Aires at that moment were even invited for a barbecue that one of Javi's friends had for his birthday! This welcoming feeling almost gave us the idea we were staying with family instead of at a hotel.

The room was very spacious and perfectly clean and there were fresh towels every day. Our favorite spot became the hammock in front of our room from where you could relax and enjoy the gorgeous ocean view (one of the most spectacular views we have ever seen!)

We just left this morning and I am now writing this from another hotel with a tiny, not very clean room where we are staying for the same price. Almost makes us want to turn right back around and enjoy the rest of our vacation at Buenos Aires!

I would definately recommend to stay at Buenos Aires, as everyone including us seems to fall in love with this place. The walk up the hill is definately worth the beautiful view, great room and especially the most amazing hospitality you will ever find at a hotel!

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

What can I say - this place was absolutely amazing, the best views in the whole of Santa Teresa and a fantastic hotel. Rooms are huge and spotless. Javi and flo are amazing hosts and made our stay wonderful. You must stay here!

• Stayed August 2013
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is my first contribution since creating an account as I usually co-write the reviews with my fiancee on her account. However for this trip, I was on a solo surf trip for 9 days. My experience with this hotel and the owners from booking through my final departure was extraordinary. I received a prompt reply regarding availability and all of my questions were answered prior to arrival. Javier, the owner, booked a taxi for me to pick me up from the Tambor airport (US$50). Upon arrival he brought my bags to my room, lent me an umbrella due to the rain (my trip was in late June/early July - only rained about 20% of the time and the climate was very comfortable). He told me where I could find everything within walking distance (surf shops, restaurants, supermarket, pharmacy) as well as where to surf and when, depending on the tides. I generally surfed right at the bottom of the hill from the hotel (Playa Carmen), or a 20 minute walk north (Playa Santa Teresa). I opted to not rent an ATV, but that is a popular option and provides an easy way to explore and get to where you want to go faster. Since this was purely a surf holiday for me, I didn't mind walking and getting the extra exercise. Javier even drove me on his ATV 10 minutes up the road several mornings and surfed with me. Javier takes great pride in his hotel and treats his guests like true friends. The restaurant on the property is the best in town (amazing seafood) and the rain shower/pool is a nice treat to cool off after walking back to the hotel. The rooms are very clean and the AC, mini fridge and shower work perfectly. Since the hotel is set high up over the water, you get a good ocean view which is great for relaxing, watching sunsets or checking out the surf conditions. I couldn't have asked for a better place, especially for the price. I will certainly be back again for another surf trip.

Room Tip: All rooms have a similar view. Upper level, probably a better view and I believe those are the ones...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
buenosaireshotel, Propietario at Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
WOW Brandon, what a review, man!!!
Thank you for take some of your free time and write it!
All the reviews are great, but usually they are not as personal like yours, thank you for your words about how we treat our guest, and of course, not all the guest are or need the same things, but we try to make the best experience we can for all of you.
Reading your review made my day! l apreciate big time the way you put in words somthing so abstract like services and knowing then our place is not perfect, we try to be as happy as possible and transmit it to our guest.
Hope to see you around again and share a few good waves.
Love from Mal Pais.
Javier.
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Me, my girlfriend, and her parents just stayed here a few weeks ago. You should stay here too. The "hotel" is more like an "inn", only 10 rooms, all with large glass doors overlooking your private hammock, the mountains, trees, and ocean below. You can hear the monkeys in the trees in the morning. We stayed in rooms on ground floor (without A/C) and were actually very comfortable every night with just the fan blowing. The room was always clean and comfortable. Javier works very hard to make sure everyone has the best stay they can. He gave us tips each day on places to play, where to find good food, he even helped us find places to stay in other locations. At 10pm, when our shower knob stuck, he came down with wrenches and new seals immediately and fixed it quickly. He's a great guy. There is a restaurant attached to the hotel that is probably one of the best in the area. Unfortunately it was closed for renovations while we were there so we didn't get to eat there. As humid and breezeless as the main road is at night, it wouldve been really nice to be able to stay up on the hill and enjoy dinner with the breeze that is constantly present at the hotel. Speaking of which, the hill that the hotel is on is a blessing, but it is also very steep. You will work up a sweat going up or down it. Our car had 4 wheel drive, but you could probably make it up without it...if not, Javier will come down and get you on his 4 wheeler. If you want an amazing views, location, and rates and appreciate getting to know the person whom your money is going to, this is your place. Thanks Javier.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ojai, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I could not write enough good things about our experience at this motel. Both Javi and Flor are very gracious hosts. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly, with their 2 sweet dogs running around and the view is probably the nicest both my husband and I have ever seen. The beauty in my opinion is that you get the most incredible view, but still only a 5 minute walk to town (the beach, restaurants, markets, cafes, etc.), and just a 2 minute walk to Horizons yoga studio (this has become our favorite place to practice yoga over the years by the way). The hotel also has a restaurant and pool, which provides the tastiest menu in all of Santa Teresa in our opinion (both breakfast and supper), as well as an assortment of toys/books for the kiddos free of charge (this was extremely helpful for us and kept our 17 month- old daughter occupied for hours. There is a baby swing, bouncer, bikes, trikes, puzzles, trucks, dolls, books, etc. It made eating a meal enjoyable again, not having to rush with a fussy baby ;-) The owners of the restaurant have 3 small children who kept us company by the pool and are very sweet and well mannered too).

You would expect that this type of motel would be high in price, but it turned out to be extremely affordable (and it's $20.00 less if you take the downstairs rooms without air which worked out great for us with just the fan). We stayed here for 4 nights (we intended on staying for 2, but couldn't bring ourselves to leave after just 2 days) and plan on returning again. Our room was always clean, there was great water pressure in the shower (nice and warm), hammocks in front of every downstairs room, a fridge, table out front, a grassy area which our little kiddo really enjoyed running around in (an added bonus is that there are small rocks placed outside the rooms, separating the area where the hammocks are to the lawn. This prevented our daughter from running off, as long as her shoes were off) and there were always fresh towels when we returned from breakfast (which is a nice luxury in Costa Rica, especially near the beach where the air is so humid and the towels never seem to dry completely). This motel is also wheelchair/stroller accessible (there is a driveway from the road to the restaurant/pool, as well as to the rooms and stairs as well if you'd prefer a little shortcut. Also, when we requested to switch our room from the top floor to the bottom because we were worried about our daughter on the balcony, both Flor and Javi insisted and even said they would rather us do that because they were a little worried about her too. As I wrote, they are both wonderful people. Javi even picked my husband up from town when he had to return the quad to the rental company and dropped him off at The Bakery in town to meet my daughter and I.

If you're planning a trip to Santa Teresa, stay at Buenos Aires... you won't be sorry! (just make sure you have either a quad or 4 - wheel drive to get up the hill safely. You can also walk from the town... it's great exercise. You'll be sweaty, but you could jump right in the pool when you hike up. It feels wonderful! :)).

Room Tip: Top floors have AC and bottom rooms have fans/hammock access. Both floors have personal tables out...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
buenosaireshotel, Propietario at Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Hola June.
Thank you so much for the nicest review! lt was a pleasure for us have you, Jason and Zoey with us for 5 nights, not 4 as you think, l guess times flies, right? Also remember the restaurant is still our, that's why the pool is for the guest of the hotel and not to the client of the restaurant, we just do not want to run it any more.
Hope your trip back home was smooth as possible.
See you next time!
Javi.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I genuinely don't have anything bad to say about this hotel. Javi is a really nice guy and a wonderful host. The rooms are extremely clean, it's a 5 minute walk to the beech and the view from the hotel is spectacular.
We intended to stay for 2 nights but stayed for four. I regret not staying longer
This hotel offers real value for money with a relaxed atmosphere.
Back home now in not so sunny Ireland but I can still picture that view.
Thank you javi and flo.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Hotel Buenos Aires? Share your experiences!