“The best place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Buenos Aires

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Buenos Aires
Playa Carmen, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica   |
Special Rate
$45 (USD)
Ranked #3 of 25 hotels in Santa Teresa
London, England, United Kingdom
“The best place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We came for 5 days and ended up staying 10. Javi and Flo are brilliant hosts. Luna the dog is wonderful too.

I could not recommend this place more. stay here and enjoy the amazing ocean view (and no dust!) .

The rooms are extremely clean and spacious.

this was the perfect place for us, a couple, to stay in relative luxury without breaking the bank. Good value for money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
buenosaireshotel, Propietario at Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Hi Harry.
Thank you for the review, man! Again, it was great to have you and Kim with us. We still have the score open for backgammon, right? haha!
Hope you enjoyed Monteverde like you did here.
All the best.
Javi.

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Before we arrived in Costa Rica Javi was very helpful answering questions regarding our stay via email and even asked if he could be of assistance in getting us to the hotel from the bus stop in town. Throughout our stay Javi was very helpful but also gave us our own space. The hotel situated atop of the hill, a quick 5 minute walk, was perfect. Being up and out of the dust and not having the bars/restaurants as an immediate neighbor was exactly what we were looking for. Javi and Flo really take great care of the place. You truly feel like you are staying with good friends rather than staying at a hotel. The rooms were very clean and offered a mini fridge which was stocked daily with beverages for a very fair price. The view, Incredible! Sunsets and watching night time thunderstorms was amazing! My husband and I had intended to stay for 4 days and immediately extended to 6 and then to 14. Working in the tourism industry ourselves, back home, this was the perfect place to unwind. Truly the Pura Vida Lifestyle! I honestly cannot say enough good things about our stay at Buenos Aires and would HIGHLY reccommend it. Also the restaurant Brisas Del Mar, just a few steps downhill was wonderful. Do not miss their $5 Hotel Breakfast as you will most likely have the place to yourself.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Jesse.
l just want to thank you and Scott for sharing your vacations with us. As soon you guys left, started to rain, so perfect timing, haha!
Also thank you very much for this review, it means a lot to me because you both work with tourism too, so you know how this business is.
Wish you all the best.
Love from Mal Pais.
Javi.
Vulcan, AB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I had been to Santa Teresa before and eaten at the magnificent restaurant below the hotel. This time I decided to head back and stay there with some friends seeing the Nicoya for the first time. What an amazing place!

Javier is the best host you could ever imagine. The view is incomparable, the rooms are beautiful, clean, comfortable, and affordable. I will stay here many times in the future and I dream about it when I'm not there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
buenosaireshotel, Propietario at Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Thank you very much, Cody!
l'm sorry you had to leave erly, but your friends stayed a few more days and we had a blast. Hope your gig make you going back home worth it.
All the best and hope to see you soon around. Say hello to the gang for me, please.
Love from Mal Pais.
J.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Even before we arrived in Costa Rica, the owner, Javier, was incredibly helpful and responsive over email, answering all my questions about travel and directions to Santa Teresa. Upon arrival, we were blown away by the views from the hotel. It sits atop a hill with gorgeous views up and down the coast. A shaded grassy area directly in front of the hotel affords the perfect place to sit and enjoy the views with a book or a beer. The rooms at the hotel were spacious and very clean and, despite the heat in Santa Teresa, it stays cool and breezy in the evenings up on the hill at the hotel. While the hotel is great, the best part of staying there is Javier! He was helpful at every turn, showing us some awesome surf spots in neighboring towns and pointing us toward some great places to eat. We ended up extending our stay because we were having such an amazing time. Hotel Buenos Aires was by far our favorite spot in Costa Rica and we will for sure go back. If you are planning to go to to the southern Nicoya peninsula, this is definitely the place to stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We got to Santa Teresa and after about 3 hours there we decided we weren't travelling any further its such a relaxed place with still a bit of life to the village, great beach with consistent waves and this hotel is great...and the view is unbelievable!
The hotel is at the top of the hill on the south side of Santa Teresa beach and if you will need a good set of climbing legs or a 4x4 to get up there with your luggage but Javi will come get you on his Quad if you get your driver to ring ahead when you get to Santa Teresa.
Javi is a lovely guy who will give you you're own space but chat to you everyday to make sure everything is going well for you.
There is a lovely restaurant "attached" to the hotel (about 30 steps down from the hotel) where the pool is and its run by a very nice English and Canadian couple and they have great food (we went there twice in 5 days there it was so good)

Room Tip: There's a good breeze at the top of the hill if you don't mind a bit of heat you probably do...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My partner and I stayed at Hotel Buenos Aires for 4 nights in mid-March. Prior to arriving, the owner Javier was very helpful in answering my questions and assisting with the reservation. The hotel is located at the top of a very steep hill which posed a bit of a problem for me since I broke my foot a few days before the trip. However thanks to Javier, it all worked out - he arranged to meet us at the bus stop in Santa Teresa and drove us up to the hotel on his quad. He then also helped us make arrangements to rent a quad for the duration of our trip. While the hotel is situated on a very steep hill, the climb is worth it - the view is amazing and it's one of the most beautiful sunsets that I've ever seen!
As for the hotel itself - the rooms are modest and minimal but very clean. We stayed in a first floor room which did not have air conditioning, but the room had a fan and there was a breeze, so AC wasn't necessary. (I believe the 2nd floor rooms all have air conditioning). Each room has a small mini-fridge that guests could put their own drinks/food in, but there's also soda/beer/water in it that could be purchased for $1. Outside of each room, there's a hammock and a table & chairs. All of the (8?) hotel rooms were full when we were there, however it never felt crowded on the hotel grounds or at the pool. In the "front yard" of the hotel, there are lawn chairs overlooking the ocean - one of the highlights of the trip for me was sitting here reading a book or watching the sunset. It was unbelievably peaceful & relaxing!
There is a nice pool located just down the hill from the hotel. It's located at the restaurant, but is only for the use of hotel guests. There is a view of the ocean from the pool and the pool itself was always very clean (Javier cleaned it daily). I'd also recommend having dinner at the restaurant - the food was absolutely amazing! The nearest beach access point is located just down the hill, only a few minutes away by quad.
Overall I loved the hotel. Javier was a great host & made the experience even more enjoyable for us. I would definitely stay here again if I returned to Santa Teresa and I would highly recommend it to anyone else!

Room Tip: If you want to save a few dollars, stay in a first floor room. They don't have air conditioning...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Hands down the best view in the Santa Teresa area.
Unbelievably reasonable room rates, and the manager Javi is extremely courteous. Cold beers in the fridge when you arrive, and restocked every day when the room is cleaned. Hot showers, and air conditioning make the stay very comfortable.
Walk down the hill for 5 minutes and you have miles of beach and beautiful waves to surf.
I will definitely stay at this hotel the next time I am in Santa Teresa.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Buenos Aires? Share your experiences!