“Best view in Santa Teresa and lovely owner Javi” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Buenos Aires

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Buenos Aires
Save Saved
You added Hotel Buenos Aires to your Saves list
Playa Carmen, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Dublin, Ireland
“Best view in Santa Teresa and lovely owner Javi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We got to Santa Teresa and after about 3 hours there we decided we weren't travelling any further its such a relaxed place with still a bit of life to the village, great beach with consistent waves and this hotel is great...and the view is unbelievable!
The hotel is at the top of the hill on the south side of Santa Teresa beach and if you will need a good set of climbing legs or a 4x4 to get up there with your luggage but Javi will come get you on his Quad if you get your driver to ring ahead when you get to Santa Teresa.
Javi is a lovely guy who will give you you're own space but chat to you everyday to make sure everything is going well for you.
There is a lovely restaurant "attached" to the hotel (about 30 steps down from the hotel) where the pool is and its run by a very nice English and Canadian couple and they have great food (we went there twice in 5 days there it was so good)

Room Tip: There's a good breeze at the top of the hill if you don't mind a bit of heat you probably do...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My partner and I stayed at Hotel Buenos Aires for 4 nights in mid-March. Prior to arriving, the owner Javier was very helpful in answering my questions and assisting with the reservation. The hotel is located at the top of a very steep hill which posed a bit of a problem for me since I broke my foot a few days before the trip. However thanks to Javier, it all worked out - he arranged to meet us at the bus stop in Santa Teresa and drove us up to the hotel on his quad. He then also helped us make arrangements to rent a quad for the duration of our trip. While the hotel is situated on a very steep hill, the climb is worth it - the view is amazing and it's one of the most beautiful sunsets that I've ever seen!
As for the hotel itself - the rooms are modest and minimal but very clean. We stayed in a first floor room which did not have air conditioning, but the room had a fan and there was a breeze, so AC wasn't necessary. (I believe the 2nd floor rooms all have air conditioning). Each room has a small mini-fridge that guests could put their own drinks/food in, but there's also soda/beer/water in it that could be purchased for $1. Outside of each room, there's a hammock and a table & chairs. All of the (8?) hotel rooms were full when we were there, however it never felt crowded on the hotel grounds or at the pool. In the "front yard" of the hotel, there are lawn chairs overlooking the ocean - one of the highlights of the trip for me was sitting here reading a book or watching the sunset. It was unbelievably peaceful & relaxing!
There is a nice pool located just down the hill from the hotel. It's located at the restaurant, but is only for the use of hotel guests. There is a view of the ocean from the pool and the pool itself was always very clean (Javier cleaned it daily). I'd also recommend having dinner at the restaurant - the food was absolutely amazing! The nearest beach access point is located just down the hill, only a few minutes away by quad.
Overall I loved the hotel. Javier was a great host & made the experience even more enjoyable for us. I would definitely stay here again if I returned to Santa Teresa and I would highly recommend it to anyone else!

Room Tip: If you want to save a few dollars, stay in a first floor room. They don't have air conditioning...
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Hands down the best view in the Santa Teresa area.
Unbelievably reasonable room rates, and the manager Javi is extremely courteous. Cold beers in the fridge when you arrive, and restocked every day when the room is cleaned. Hot showers, and air conditioning make the stay very comfortable.
Walk down the hill for 5 minutes and you have miles of beach and beautiful waves to surf.
I will definitely stay at this hotel the next time I am in Santa Teresa.

Laval, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We choose this hotel after reading all the great comments so our expectations were very high! Well.... It was so much more than what we expected! This place is amazing and so beautiful. To make it simple, this is a list of 6 reasons why we liked it so much:

1. Javi, This guy is so much more than the owner, he become a friend during our stay. He is always happy to help us, answer our questions, book activities for us and give good advices. He even went surfing 2-3 mornings with my boyfriend and chilled with us in the evening. Flo, his wife, is also a sweetheart, she is so kind!

2. The view. AMAZING! You can't get tired of this view, the sunsets are the most beautiful i've seen in my life. We enjoyed relaxing in the chairs at night, watching the Sunset with a cold drinks... PURA VIDA!

3. Surf. Great surf spot, just in front of the hotel! For beginners, playa hermosa is just a 15 min car drive and is perfect to learn.

4. The restaurant. The best in town! This is where we had the best meal of all our stay.

5. The rooms. Always so clean, fresh drinks in the fridge every day.

6. The location. Perfect! 5 min walk down to the beach, markets, restaurants, surf shops and bars, but so quiet and peacefull because it's on a hill.

I definitively recommend this hotel! We will be back for sure!!! Yavi and Flo, thanks for everything and see you soon!

Marie and Andy

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
buenosaireshotel, Propietario at Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Hi Marie-Audrey.
First, l want to thank you for take some of your time and write this review, it's awesome!
Also l want to thank you and Andy for share your vacarions with us, it was a pleasure have you here. And tell Andy it was great share a few waves with him.
All the best!!!
Hilliard, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Unfortunately, we only stayed one night. Javier is a true gentleman and a gracious host. I challenge anyone to find a better view of the ocean. Like previous reviewers, it was a great to find a cold adult beverage in the room after a full day of travel. We would definitely stay there again.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Hotel Buenos Aires is a wonderful hotel and gets an A+++ in my book! Javier and Flo (the owners) are simply fantastic--helpful, kind, and excellent hosts. The hotel is spotlessly clean. I mean, spotless! The rooms are spacious and comfortable and the water is hot (although during high season you rarely need a hot shower). We stayed for 6 nights in a fan-room and were comfortable the entire time. The pool is well-kept and peaceful and the restaurant next to the pool is fabulous! The view from the hotel is fantastic and it's wonderful to relax at the end of the day in a hammock or chair admiring the sunset. Quite a steep 5-8 minute walk up the hill from town and the beach, but well worth it. I will stay here again and will recommend it to my friends. Thanks Javier and Flo!

Hi Britt.
l just saw your review and looks fantastic! Thank you so much for share your vacations with us and take time to write the review.
Please send a big hug to Cam from us and hope to see you around again.
Love from Mal Pais.
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This place is amazing!

If you, like me and my girlfriend like to stay at a hotel that is clean and a family atmosphere, THIS IS IT!

The owners Javier and Flo (I hope its the correct spelling) are sooo nice and very helpful, with you comfort as their priority.

And it all comes together with the best view Playa Carmen, Santa Teresa can offer! Since it is located on top oc a hill, it is a bit of a climb, but its worth it + you get your daily exercise :)

We are absolutely coming back to this place!

Our warmest recommendation!

/Daniel & Johanna (the Swedes)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
buenosaireshotel, Propietario at Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Hi Daniel.
l remember you and Johanna, you guys were here from Dec. 28th. to Jan 10th. True soulsurfers!!! Thank you very much for take some of your time and write this review for our place. Hope you can come back some day so we can share a few more beers at sunset, haha!
Wish you all the best, my friend!
Big hug from Mal Pais.
Javi.

Been to Hotel Buenos Aires? Share your experiences!