I'll keep this short and precise!
- Nice and clean location. I booked a junior suite and the room was spotless clean. No major privacy concerns. However, the walls are thin and you could hear the folks in the other room when they spoke loudly. The general surroundings are spectacular - nice and green. A small hike to the main reception/eating area. However, they provide a free golf-cart service to the apartment.
- The room was equipped with hairdryers, microwave oven, refrigerator, TV (predominantly spanish language channels - but who cares!)
- Friendly and helpful staff. I forgot to bring a power adapter (silly me!) for my camera and the staff bent over backwards to help me out. Really appreciate their help!
- Breakfast was good and delicious. Lunch and dinners were a bit on the expensive side - but thats pretty much the case all over Costa Rica.
- The swimming pool was nice and clean (cleaned everyday).
- This place is in the middle of nowhere. You would need a taxi to get to the nearest supermarket. I needed a toothbrush and since the resort didnt have one, I was recommended to pay $15 for a trip to the local supermarket to get one! Just in case you need supplies for your room (alcohol/food supplies/spare toothbrushes :)), it would help to stop at a local supermarket on your way from the airport.
- The walls of the bath-tub/bathing area in the room are quite high. Was fine enough for us, but could be a bummer for folks with troubles in their knees/joints.
Side note: We were assisted by a driver - Carlos. He speaks manageable English and doubled up as a good tour-guide! Negotiate big time to get a good deal from him - even for the trip from the airport to the resort. He is good and trustworthy! (firstname.lastname@example.org, 506/5006-3339)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A development surrounded by flora, fauna and wildlife that offers a natural environment in complete harmony with the surroundings. Vista Bahia Beach Resort is the ideal place to rest, relax and enjoy everything Costa Rica has to offer. Animals seen and photographed on property have included; monkeys, squirrels, iguanas, numerous butterflies, mapaches, and pizotes and many different species of birds, We also have numerous trees, cacti, hiking trails and beautiful gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, BookIt.com and Tingo so you can book your Vista Bahia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monarch Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Monarch Resort Gulf Of Papagayo
- Vista Bahia Beach Resort Costa Rica/Playa Panama, Guanacaste