Excellent place to stay - a little bit of a hike to get to the reception where the restaurant, bar, and swimming pool were located. However, it allowed you to be in the middle of the trees where the howler monkeys lived! They were amazingly close to our balcony, and even woke us up one morning! The hotel entrance was actually the next road just south of playa panama, it was the next beach road down past, and the other beach names were posted, but not the hotels' since it was actually on the point between the two beaches. Hotel offered free Kayaking which was very nice too!
We were able to hire Gilber Gutierrez, our boat captain and guide for a 2 1/2 hour boat snorkeling tour of the bay for $35.-$40.-he was fantastic, snorkeled with us in the water to help us find a live sea horse, local shellfish, starfish, in addition to all the fish! He provided fruit and water, safe and good condition of his boat, and excellent hospitality - I recommend calling him: his local #: 8579-8634 (the hotel called for me). He was very friendly and spoke fairly good English.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A development surrounded by flora, fauna and wildlife that offers a natural environment in complete harmony with the surroundings. Vista Bahia Beach Resort is the ideal place to rest, relax and enjoy everything Costa Rica has to offer. Animals seen and photographed on property have included; monkeys, squirrels, iguanas, numerous butterflies, mapaches, and pizotes and many different species of birds, We also have numerous trees, cacti, hiking trails and beautiful gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Tingo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Vista Bahia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monarch Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Monarch Resort Gulf Of Papagayo
- Vista Bahia Beach Resort Costa Rica/Playa Panama, Guanacaste