Yet the uber-friendly staff saved the day. (Which is the only reason I gave it 3 stars.)
We arrived on a very hot day and the air-condition didn't work right. They changed us to another room with a slightly better AC but still not enough. The place looks slightly shabby inside, and the bathroom in one of our rooms had a musty smell. We were about to leave, but the staff really tried helping us with what they had and we eventually decided to stick it out. It helped that the raining season was fast approaching and the next few days had cooler weather.
There's ample wildlife on the property and around it. This is the closest we got to howler monkeys (on a little tree not 10ft away) and iguanas (found roaming all over) and the cutely aggressive Magpie-Jay birds that wait around at breakfast to steal some sugar.
Breakfast is delicious, and the server was attentive and nice. We used the free kayak and snorkels on our first day there - there are some dead corals around the bend (the person helping us with the kayaks pointed us to the direction) and we say some fishes (and jelly fish) and enjoyed the beach.
This hotel is located 20 minutes from Playas del Coco where the main attractions are located and you can probably find similar deals at a better location.
- Also Known As:
- Monarch Hotel
- Monarch Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Monarch Resort Gulf Of Papagayo
- Vista Bahia Beach Resort Costa Rica/Playa Panama, Guanacaste
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A development surrounded by flora, fauna and wildlife that offers a natural environment in complete harmony with the surroundings. Vista Bahia Beach Resort is the ideal place to rest, relax and enjoy everything Costa Rica has to offer. Animals seen and photographed on property have included; monkeys, squirrels, iguanas, numerous butterflies, mapaches, and pizotes and many different species of birds, We also have numerous trees, cacti, hiking trails and beautiful gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Vista Bahia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.