We flew into LIR Liberia International Airport which is about a 30 minute drive to the resort. The resort arranged transportation to/from the airport for us, two families traveling together a group of eight for $80 US total each way.
The resort has nice four unit bungalows, and each unit is spacious with air conditioning & a balcony. Our room had a small kitchen, and we made a quick trip to the nearby market to have some snacks, drinks and cereal. Very helpful.
A short walk to a private beach with kayaks which are free to guests. The resort is located on a bay which has almost zero surf. They said there are plans to acquire a few standup paddle boards, which their location would be ideal.
The pool area is nice, and includes a couple of hammocks to enjoy. The restaurant/bar area is nice and open to the outside. Breakfast is included, and we ate most meals at the resort. The food was good, and the staff was very friendly.
A short taxi/drive to Playa del CoCo (15 minutes taxi/drive) there is a large beach, restaurants, and shops for buying gifts/souvenirs. Playa de Hermosa (10 minute taxi/drive) has a couple of nice restaurants and another large beach too. Both cab rides one way with tip $20 US.
The resort arranged a snorkeling trip which picked us up right at their private beach, which was a great experience. Our group of 8 took up the whole boat. Aerial & Luis took great care of us, and showed us a really cool cave (at low tide) & two different snorkeling locations. Great time. We also went zip-lining which the resort arranged, as well as transportation to/from which was a great time. Zip-lining was only about 30 minutes away i believe. We all enjoyed the snorkeling & zip-lining very much.
James and the rest of the crew at the resort were great! Super helpful & had great recommendations for excursions & other areas to explore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A development surrounded by flora, fauna and wildlife that offers a natural environment in complete harmony with the surroundings. Vista Bahia Beach Resort is the ideal place to rest, relax and enjoy everything Costa Rica has to offer. Animals seen and photographed on property have included; monkeys, squirrels, iguanas, numerous butterflies, mapaches, and pizotes and many different species of birds, We also have numerous trees, cacti, hiking trails and beautiful gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, BookIt.com, Tingo, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Vista Bahia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monarch Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Monarch Resort Gulf Of Papagayo
- Vista Bahia Beach Resort Costa Rica/Playa Panama, Guanacaste