My wife and I stayed at Vista Bahia for a week in April 2013. We enjoyed the number of activities that the resort itself offered, such as well-maintained hiking trails, beautiful views of sunsets, a lookout on the point, a private beach (La Playita), and easy walking access to Playa Panama. Note that because this resort is located on a bay, the beaches most near it do not have big waves for surfing. The resort itself has a number of amenities, including a pool, hammocks, and a restaurant/bar with complimentary breakfast.
The employees are very friendly and helpful. The room was very spacious, included A/C, and had two nice balconies overlooking the bay.
One thing to note is that this hotel is not near any towns. The closest (very) small town is Playa Hermosa, which is about a 45 minute walk (5 minute drive) away. The next larger town is Playa del Coco, which is about a 15 minute drive down the coast. You can take a taxi to either of these locations for about $15 USD (one-way) or rent a car to access them. Playa del Coco is an active town with a great beach that has larger waves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A development surrounded by flora, fauna and wildlife that offers a natural environment in complete harmony with the surroundings. Vista Bahia Beach Resort is the ideal place to rest, relax and enjoy everything Costa Rica has to offer. Animals seen and photographed on property have included; monkeys, squirrels, iguanas, numerous butterflies, mapaches, and pizotes and many different species of birds, We also have numerous trees, cacti, hiking trails and beautiful gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Vista Bahia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monarch Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Monarch Resort Gulf Of Papagayo
- Vista Bahia Beach Resort Costa Rica/Playa Panama, Guanacaste