Hi! I don't even know where to start...Hmmm I think I liked the people, the views, the accommodations, the grounds, the food, the drinks all equally as well. The trip was great, and I was envious of every traveler staying longer than a week!
We were welcomed with a mixed fruit smoothie at our check in on Sunday night around 8 PM. We were able to get a golf cart to bring our luggage up to the room. This cart was also available throughout the day to get back & forth from the lobby/restaurant/pool area. However, we chose to walk mostly. There is a small hill and a few trails on the property that overlook the bay. The trails on the property are beautiful. They lead to the secluded beach, to the public beach, and just around the property itself. It was easy to walk around.
The Costa Rican culture is wonderful. People are so kind, and the resort staff excel in their service. Azul was wonderful as were all the other waitstaff and front desk attendants. They kindly made accommodations for us to take tours, reserve the kayaks onsite, coordinating cab rides to Playa del Coco, etc. I can't say enough how nice it all was.
The hotel had perhaps 12-15 other guests at the time. As such, I could easily spend half an hour swimming in the pool or relaxing in a lounge chair by myself. However, it was nice that other times guests were also there to socialize with. The pool and beaches were perfect. Temperatures while we were there were in the 90's usually and were so comfortable. It wasn't like a humid Wisconsin day in August.
The fare was exceptional. There wasn't a meal I didn't love and the prices were great. It was usually $15-$20 an entree with additional availability of drinks or appetizers. The seafood entrees were my favorite. The coffee, muah!
The room had WiFi, a shower with great water pressure, tile floors, kitchenette, A/C, and again, a balcony with a great view!
My mother came with me. We had a chance to talk with the staff & owners who were so wonderful.
Ciao! Until next time =)
- Also Known As:
- Monarch Hotel
- Monarch Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Monarch Resort Gulf Of Papagayo
- Vista Bahia Beach Resort Costa Rica/Playa Panama, Guanacaste
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A development surrounded by flora, fauna and wildlife that offers a natural environment in complete harmony with the surroundings. Vista Bahia Beach Resort is the ideal place to rest, relax and enjoy everything Costa Rica has to offer. Animals seen and photographed on property have included; monkeys, squirrels, iguanas, numerous butterflies, mapaches, and pizotes and many different species of birds, We also have numerous trees, cacti, hiking trails and beautiful gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Vista Bahia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.