“An Exceptional and Unique Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Abbocato

Abbocato
Road 254, Km. 8th, | Hacienda Del Mar Project, Playa Panama 297-1005, Costa Rica
+506 2672 0073
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Asian, Mediterranean
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Description: To define Abbocato is to talk about a family that will welcome new friends in our home to create an unforgettable experience and to give an elegant and professional service in a distinguished environment with the best view of “Golfo Papagayo”.Our goal is to convey a sense of satisfaction on the client through an eno-gastronomic journey of high level, with luxurious and cozy surroundings with large windows and a wonderful terrace where you must enjoy the most beautiful sunsets in the Pacific Ocean.The style of cuisine that Restaurante Aboocato offers can be defined as “author”. On a daily basis Paola and Andrea, both highly experienced chefs, organize next day’s menu according to the main ingredients, based on freshness and quality to bring out the best flavors on all the dishes prepared.You can enjoy every night, one of two choices from our menu. It can be mediterranean or asian. They both include an entree, a soup or a second entree, a main dish and a dessert.For those who want to experience a less formal meal, we offer a “tapas” gourmet menu. It includes meat tapas, chicken tapas, vegetarian tapas, and more. We will satisfy any taste you desire.For lunch, our menu represents our compromise to our clients. We have a "a la carte menú" and different daily specials presented in our unique and original way with all of our authentic flavors.In addition we have a great beverage selection, from our original cocktails to exotic drinks. Our wine list offers organic and biodinamic options like our house wines, which are labeled from different parts of the world with a very high quality-price realation. To these wines we add a very personal selection of unique bottles in Costa Rica, for those wine lovers and wine experts that like to experience a unique tasting.There is no need to mention, that all of this would be impossible without the collaboration from our staff; they are well prepared, professional and experienced, with an extraordinary attitude towards your experience, so that you will remember it for the rest of your life.We will be waiting for you!If you have any questions or would like more information, do not hesitate and contact us!
Atlanta
“An Exceptional and Unique Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My wife and in-laws and I visited Abbocato back in July. We were staying at the Four Seasons and the distance was a bit discouraging but... I could write up our entire experience but all I need to say is that it is absolutely worth the trip from the Four Seasons or wherever you are coming from. From the point of arrival to departure it was an amazing dining experience unlike no other. The dinks, sunset, owners and staff, the restaurant and the cuisine were exceptional. It was one of my family’s best experiences dining ever and I recommend this restaurant if you at all have the opportunity. When we return to Costa Rica we will certainly make Abbocato a part of the trip if not one of the main attractions.

New York City, New York
“Amazing food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Except for one of the entrees, the food was amazing. If I could, I would rate it 4.5 but since I couldn't I had to rate it a 4. The hostess/owner was extremely friendly, and we met the chef several times as he visited us several times through out the meal:

The following items were what my fiance and I ate:

Tuna carpaccio
Quiche

Risotto with pancetta and pesto sauce
Coconut soup with shrimp- I am usually not a fan of soups but this was really yummy

Lamb duo
Stuffed red snapper- this is the one that was a little disappointing

Crime brûlée- loved the presentation
Coffee cake with chocolate drizzle

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Palos Verdes Estates, CA
“Search for best food in Costa Rica stops HERE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We came here for my son's 17th birthday celebration with another family on July 10, 2013. The cook Andrea and his wife Paola were so receptive and accommodating, the place was very elegant & had very good ambiance; there was a scenic view of the ocean just outside our table. The night started with Andrea (who was trained in Italy) explaining what they had prepared for us for the evening, a choice between a steak and fish dinner...either way, you can't go wrong! The food WAS EXQUISITELY PREPARED & VERY DELICIOUS!!! We stayed @ the Four Seasons Resort in Papagayo, but the food there doesn't even compare. After some disappointing food experiences elsewhere in Guanacaste & Liberia, this was one memorable dinner! A little pricey, but it was all worth it! Thank You Andrea & Paola for a great culinary experience!

Los Angeles, California
“One of the best foodie experiences in my life!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My son and I visited Abbocato on our July vacation to Costa Rica. I had previously read about this fantastic restaurant and planned to go for dinner. Unfortunately, we only had the rental car for our first night at the Four Seasons and checked in too late. Having to turn the rental car in by 4 PM the next day we decided to head over for lunch.

The location is about 25 minutes from the Four Seasons. We were the only guests dining which made our experience special. As others mentioned, the poolside view is incredible to enjoy drinks by. Paola and Andrea are so personal and made incredible drinks. We ordered the caesar salad, special octopus appetizer, halibut ravioli, osso bucco, and desert. The food was prepared perfectly! Paola takes personal pride in his cooking and wants to ensure his guests enjoy what he prepares. Let me tell you, this personal experience only adds to his amazing cooking skills!

We really wanted to enjoy a second meal here but transportation issues prevented it. After eating this wonderful meal nothing the Four Seasons compared. If you are in the area, and can get transported there, be sure to make this restaurant a priority. You will remember it forever!

Tampa, Florida
“Simply The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We went with a group of six and had by far the best meal of our trip. You can't find more sincere people wanting you to have a great experience. The restaurant is incredible outside and the outdoor patio is amazing for a nice cocktail. Every course was prepared perfectly and the chef Andreas made sure everyone was happy. If you are in the area do yourself a favor and book this early in your trip. Chances are you'll go back, it's that good.

• Visited August 2013