“Bravo Andrea! Best food in Costa Rica” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Abbocato

Abbocato
Road 254, Km. 8th, | Hacienda Del Mar Project, Playa Panama 297-1005, Costa Rica
+506 2672 0073
Website
Update restaurant details
Cuisines: Asian, Mediterranean, Asian fusion
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Description: To define Abbocato is to talk about a family that will welcome new friends in our home to create an unforgettable experience and to give an elegant and professional service in a distinguished environment with the best view of “Golfo Papagayo”.Our goal is to convey a sense of satisfaction on the client through an eno-gastronomic journey of high level, with luxurious and cozy surroundings with large windows and a wonderful terrace where you must enjoy the most beautiful sunsets in the Pacific Ocean.The style of cuisine that Restaurante Aboocato offers can be defined as “author”. On a daily basis Paola and Andrea, both highly experienced chefs, organize next day’s menu according to the main ingredients, based on freshness and quality to bring out the best flavors on all the dishes prepared.You can enjoy every night, one of two choices from our menu. It can be mediterranean or asian. They both include an entree, a soup or a second entree, a main dish and a dessert.For those who want to experience a less formal meal, we offer a “tapas” gourmet menu. It includes meat tapas, chicken tapas, vegetarian tapas, and more. We will satisfy any taste you desire.For lunch, our menu represents our compromise to our clients. We have a "a la carte menú" and different daily specials presented in our unique and original way with all of our authentic flavors.In addition we have a great beverage selection, from our original cocktails to exotic drinks. Our wine list offers organic and biodinamic options like our house wines, which are labeled from different parts of the world with a very high quality-price realation. To these wines we add a very personal selection of unique bottles in Costa Rica, for those wine lovers and wine experts that like to experience a unique tasting.There is no need to mention, that all of this would be impossible without the collaboration from our staff; they are well prepared, professional and experienced, with an extraordinary attitude towards your experience, so that you will remember it for the rest of your life.We will be waiting for you!If you have any questions or would like more information, do not hesitate and contact us!
Atlanta
“Bravo Andrea! Best food in Costa Rica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten in Abbocato many times, and have never been disappointed. But lunch today was a new high. We shared a lovely seafood plate as a starter, tasty little vongole, a generous portion of tuna carpaccio, six or seven grilled shrimp and a very nice coquille. This all came with a fresh green salad. What a great appetizer. Then my husband had a pasta dish with salmon, and I ate a main course of beef filet, sauteed in a mustard sauce over fresh zuchini and carrots, together with a good scoop of mashed potatoes. All of this served by Paula, as friendly as ever. We also love the new beautiful location, and only regret we live about an hour away, so can not visit too often. All portions are quite generous and we think it is the very best restaurant in Costa Rica. Although not exactly cheap, definetly value for money. Keep up the good works Andrea and Paula!

Visited May 2013

97% Recommend
Los Angeles, California
“One of the best in Costa Rica, good idea, but not that great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Now, the view was amazing, the service very nice (although there may have been a little too much hovering). But this restaurant is not even near the other good restaurants I have tried. Everything was very expensive. Too expensive. No free nothing, no bread, not even peanuts as a little snack to start. Get ready to shed at least $100 for a not very plentiful meal, I am used for getting good stuff for my money, if at least it had been fulfilling and expensive or small and not as expensive, I would have given it one more star, but every plate here was small and expensive.

I am not giving this place a bad review, I am giving it an average review, and this is one of the nicest restaurants in the area and good to go for the experience. However, there is plenty of experience you can get for free while walking on one of the beaches close by, and this restaurant is too expensive for what it offers. They should either have bigger portions or go easy on the price. Most of the plates I saw could be made at home with some TLC, they are not so absolutely special that the owners need to trademark their plates and exclude the locals with such exorbitant prices.

I imagine I am a little spoiled by living in the Los Angeles area, and dining around downtown LA where we have Mochica, Mas Malo, Colori, Nick and Stef's, Patina, Botega Lui, Corazon y Miel and the French Garden, among other gems. This restaurant was no Mochica.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wellington, Canada
“Amazing Wedding Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Andrea and Paola, hosts and chefs welcomed us to an amazing dining experience to celebrate the wedding of our daughter and son in law.
Aside from the amamzing locaction and view....a must do is having drinks outside by the infinity pool!
The food here is definitely 5 star....Exquisitely prepared, plated and served. Each course was a picture! Textures, tastes and surprises...and the nicest part was that our hosts pointed out the different selections as they were served so we could be reminded of our choices.
Paola made an extra special dessert for the newlyweds, with his comical written message on the plates.
There is no doubt that the success of Abbocato will continue ....it is a hidden gem that will soon be widely discovered.
Make a point of visiting...it is more than worth it!
Thanks Paola and Andrea.

• Visited March 2013
Ojai, California
“A definite place to eat for all foodies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We were lucky enough to get a reservation at this absolutely beautiful restaurant. Driving up the driveway starts your experience and this journey takes you to many different levels of complete bliss. it is obvious that the owners Paola & Andrea put 200% into this jewel, and then some.
We were blessed to have an early seating and had the restaurant to ourselves, it felt like a private dining experience. I felt as if we're were sitting at the "chefs table" only we were sitting in a beautifully designed dinning area that was architecturally a clean design and every detail was obviously thought out- just like the menu.
The menu would make any type of diner happy. We had three people in our party, my two friends had the Pre Fix menu and I chose from the Tapas menu. The Pre Fix offered either a seafood or meat option menu and the Tapas menu offered at least 6-8 options. It was obvious that the product was fresh and homemade. The desserts were equally as delicious as the main course.
I can not stop thinking about our experience at Abbocato.
I highly recommend this hidden jewel- do not miss this culinary experience . The food was spectacular and the service was extremely professional but not stuffy.

• Visited March 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My sister moved to Costa Rica last fall and she mentioned I should go here. Best recommendation ever. I'm not a fish person but I ordered the Mahi Mahi because it's actually fresh and it was incredible. See the pictures but the plate was around $14. My friend and I got a beer, two Mahi plates and two desserts for $44 or so. Random information from talking with the owner for about 20 minutes. His location moved to this new location about a year prior. He mentioned that the menu changes daily based on the fresh catch. They have a regular lunch menu and a four course diner menu or a sunset menu that includes various appetizers. The restaurant is not very well advertised. There are signs on the street but it's one of the only buildings on the hill and you can't see it from the street. Overall I loved it and when I go back to visit next year I will visit him again at least twice.

• Visited January 2013