“Amazing Wedding Dinner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Abbocato

Abbocato
Road 254, Km. 8th, | Hacienda Del Mar Project, Playa Panama 297-1005, Costa Rica
+506 2672 0073
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Asian, Mediterranean, Asian fusion
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Description: To define Abbocato is to talk about a family that will welcome new friends in our home to create an unforgettable experience and to give an elegant and professional service in a distinguished environment with the best view of “Golfo Papagayo”.Our goal is to convey a sense of satisfaction on the client through an eno-gastronomic journey of high level, with luxurious and cozy surroundings with large windows and a wonderful terrace where you must enjoy the most beautiful sunsets in the Pacific Ocean.The style of cuisine that Restaurante Aboocato offers can be defined as “author”. On a daily basis Paola and Andrea, both highly experienced chefs, organize next day’s menu according to the main ingredients, based on freshness and quality to bring out the best flavors on all the dishes prepared.You can enjoy every night, one of two choices from our menu. It can be mediterranean or asian. They both include an entree, a soup or a second entree, a main dish and a dessert.For those who want to experience a less formal meal, we offer a “tapas” gourmet menu. It includes meat tapas, chicken tapas, vegetarian tapas, and more. We will satisfy any taste you desire.For lunch, our menu represents our compromise to our clients. We have a "a la carte menú" and different daily specials presented in our unique and original way with all of our authentic flavors.In addition we have a great beverage selection, from our original cocktails to exotic drinks. Our wine list offers organic and biodinamic options like our house wines, which are labeled from different parts of the world with a very high quality-price realation. To these wines we add a very personal selection of unique bottles in Costa Rica, for those wine lovers and wine experts that like to experience a unique tasting.There is no need to mention, that all of this would be impossible without the collaboration from our staff; they are well prepared, professional and experienced, with an extraordinary attitude towards your experience, so that you will remember it for the rest of your life.We will be waiting for you!If you have any questions or would like more information, do not hesitate and contact us!
Wellington, Canada
“Amazing Wedding Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Andrea and Paola, hosts and chefs welcomed us to an amazing dining experience to celebrate the wedding of our daughter and son in law.
Aside from the amamzing locaction and view....a must do is having drinks outside by the infinity pool!
The food here is definitely 5 star....Exquisitely prepared, plated and served. Each course was a picture! Textures, tastes and surprises...and the nicest part was that our hosts pointed out the different selections as they were served so we could be reminded of our choices.
Paola made an extra special dessert for the newlyweds, with his comical written message on the plates.
There is no doubt that the success of Abbocato will continue ....it is a hidden gem that will soon be widely discovered.
Make a point of visiting...it is more than worth it!
Thanks Paola and Andrea.

96% Recommend
Ojai, California
“A definite place to eat for all foodies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We were lucky enough to get a reservation at this absolutely beautiful restaurant. Driving up the driveway starts your experience and this journey takes you to many different levels of complete bliss. it is obvious that the owners Paola & Andrea put 200% into this jewel, and then some.
We were blessed to have an early seating and had the restaurant to ourselves, it felt like a private dining experience. I felt as if we're were sitting at the "chefs table" only we were sitting in a beautifully designed dinning area that was architecturally a clean design and every detail was obviously thought out- just like the menu.
The menu would make any type of diner happy. We had three people in our party, my two friends had the Pre Fix menu and I chose from the Tapas menu. The Pre Fix offered either a seafood or meat option menu and the Tapas menu offered at least 6-8 options. It was obvious that the product was fresh and homemade. The desserts were equally as delicious as the main course.
I can not stop thinking about our experience at Abbocato.
I highly recommend this hidden jewel- do not miss this culinary experience . The food was spectacular and the service was extremely professional but not stuffy.

Chicago, Illinois
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My sister moved to Costa Rica last fall and she mentioned I should go here. Best recommendation ever. I'm not a fish person but I ordered the Mahi Mahi because it's actually fresh and it was incredible. See the pictures but the plate was around $14. My friend and I got a beer, two Mahi plates and two desserts for $44 or so. Random information from talking with the owner for about 20 minutes. His location moved to this new location about a year prior. He mentioned that the menu changes daily based on the fresh catch. They have a regular lunch menu and a four course diner menu or a sunset menu that includes various appetizers. The restaurant is not very well advertised. There are signs on the street but it's one of the only buildings on the hill and you can't see it from the street. Overall I loved it and when I go back to visit next year I will visit him again at least twice.

• Visited January 2013
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My family and friends were looking for a suitable venue to celebrate our last evening together before heading home,after a memorable vacation in Costa Rica. My wife and I had dined at Abbocato's previously (at their original location) and were excited to see their new restaurant . My expectations for the evening were high and they were all met or exceeded. The restaurant itself is beautiful, with a poolside terrace overlooking the pacific. The service was very attentive and the food was masterfully prepared and presented. We opted for the prix fix option ($45 per person). Some in our party had the meat option and some had sea food,everyone was very pleased! The owners of the restaurant are the chef and the hostess and they make sure you feel welcome and have a memorable evening. If you are looking for a restaurant that offers a unique fine dining option your choice should be Abbocato.

San Jose, Costa Rica
“this is something to remember all your life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

First of all, I'd like to thank the owners of this amazing quality restaurant for their treat and professionalism. It's amazing what they do, how they do it. Lots of LOVE and PASSION and consistency. I've been eating here for a dozen of times in the last 4 years and if I can give a big suggestions to all the customers and readers of this review, try this gem. quality, quality and quality. The restaurant moved after the earthquake and now they're in a fantastic location, an elegant building overlooking the beauty of papagayo Gulf, in Hacienda del Mar in Playa Panama.
Lunch with basic items for quick lunches with salads, panini and specials of the day and dinner with options between two degustation menu or tapas gourmet. Considering the quality of products they use I can say that prices are more than reasonable but if you go to eat just to satisfy your hunger looking for cheap junk food... go somewhere else, the area is plenty of mediocre places with regular food.
Go to Abbocato if you want the best in quality, service, wines and attention.
MEMORABLE !!