I'm not one for writing reviews...especially long ones...so I will keep this short and sweet. Costa Rica is an absolutely beautiful place....guaranteed to take your breath away. This resort has stunning views and a lot to offer for the price! The staff is extremely friendly, personable and helpful. Shout outs to all the bar/table service and fun club staff...always always so friendly! Marvin who works at the front desk in the evenings is extremely helpful! We stayed in building 4 which had an AMAZING view...took my breath away every single morning!
The food was good (better than the Occidental in Punta Cana). Remember you are staying at an 3-4 star all inclusive...if you want gourmet food...stay at the four seasons haha! The food was prepared well and they definitely offer locally grown veggies/produce (my favorite)!
The only negative thing I will say is: No air-conditioning in the buffet room. Hopefully this will be fixed or changed...
Overall, I definitely recommend this resort. I left with a big giant smile :)!
PS: If you are looking to do any excursions while in CR...HIT UP JD! JD! JD! He is the man and will take very good care of you! You can find him on the beach!
PURA VIDA :)
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Hotel
- Grand Papagayo
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Gulf Of
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Costa Rica
- Grande Papagayo Costa Rica
- Grand Papagayo Liberia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the unspoiled northern Pacific coast of Costa Rica(home to wild parrots and endagered sea turtles), striking volcanic cliffs dramatically descend to powdery sand beaches and crystalline coves. Elegant and respectfully situaded within this breathtaking haven in the five-star Occidental Grand papagayo. Reverently aligned with its majestic surroundings, the resort offers a new kind of luxury all inclusive vacation. It is nothing short of extraordinary.Couples, families and friends who visit experience premiun service, discover gourmand dining and select from an impressive gamut of activities and sports. The resor´s natural setting and luxury amenities also make it the ideal locale for an incomparable wedding or honeymoon. In short, the Occidental Grand Papagayo is a perfect vacation spot for anyone and any reason. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., TripOnline SA, Otel, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Occidental Grand Papagayo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.