Just returned from an all-inclusive holiday at Occidental GP and having paid a premium to upgrade to their Royal Club service, we felt somewhat disappointed. Actually we felt we'd been accidentally downgraded instead:) - The only benefit appeared to be a private bar for Royal Club guests but this was deserted and so we preferred the regular lobby bar.
The room maids consistently failed to replace or wash the wine and water glasses in the room and never replaced the coffee sachets for the coffee machine nor the water in the minibar, something they were suppose to do daily - It was most annoying that every day we had to call guest services to request either coffee, clean glasses, water or beer - by the time these finally arrived the opportunity of having a relaxing drink before dinner had passed.
The food trays were often found empty or with a few chunks of protein burnt to the bottom of the steel serving dish.
Given the location, I was amazed that the only fish served was Sea Bass drowned in a white sauce. General quality of the food was average and uninspiring.
I'm also convinced the spirits and beer are watered down.
The best food was at breakfast - rice and beans, egg station and delicious fresh fruit but surprised they did not offer yoghurt!
We were amazed that ice cream was unavailable (especially given the number of children at the hotel)
Most of the waiters were very friendly but the team at reception and guest services were completely dis-interested!
I would recommend that you could do much better elsewhere for the same cost of staying at Occidental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the unspoiled northern Pacific coast of Costa Rica(home to wild parrots and endagered sea turtles), striking volcanic cliffs dramatically descend to powdery sand beaches and crystalline coves. Elegant and respectfully situaded within this breathtaking haven in the five-star Occidental Grand papagayo. Reverently aligned with its majestic surroundings, the resort offers a new kind of luxury all inclusive vacation. It is nothing short of extraordinary.Couples, families and friends who visit experience premiun service, discover gourmand dining and select from an impressive gamut of activities and sports. The resor´s natural setting and luxury amenities also make it the ideal locale for an incomparable wedding or honeymoon. In short, the Occidental Grand Papagayo is a perfect vacation spot for anyone and any reason. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Occidental Grand Papagayo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Gulf Of
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Costa Rica
- Grande Papagayo Costa Rica
- Grand Papagayo Liberia