I just returned from a week long stay at the occidental grand in costa rica and it was the best trip i have ever had in my life! First it started off with the travel company telling us everything not to do other wise we would get arrested including don't feed the animals and do not talk to the vendors on the beach. OK so we arrived at the occidental grand resort and were welcomed with a welcome drink and they brought us to our room. Our room had the most amazing view and the guests who waked by our room all said that too! The room was amazing and cold all the time! Which was great because the weather is very hot in costa. The occidental is a wonderful place for honeymooners or vacationers it is very romantic and quiet. Not a big light life here, they did provide local bands and entertainment to come and play in the lobby which was enjoyable but for a couple in our late 20's we needed a little more. There was one night were the resort had karaoke and the rest of the couples from NY and us were very excited to do something, but it ended after only 1 hour and we were stuck again with nothing to do. But to each is own. We meet so many great people from back home in the NYC area and we continued to enjoy costa with them the entire time. We had already booked 2 excursions with swiss travel and they were great. We did the mega combo which included zip-lining, a 1,300 foot water slide, horseback riding, lunch and hot springs, a sauna, and a mud bath,and the aerinal volcano tour which included a 3 hour drive to lake aerinal where we enjoyed an amazing lunch, an hour and a half boat ride to aerinal volcano on lake aerinal, an hour walk through the rainforest, hot springs and a dinner at a 5 star resort at the bottom of the volcano, both were incredible and fun.
It wasn't until we met a couple who used JD Adventure for some excursions when we realized we need to go out with him so he can show us more of Costa Rica. JD was so warm and welcoming. He took us and 2 other couples to Coco Beach where we enjoyed a wonderfully delicious meal and then enjoyed a night of dancing at a local dance club. The next day he took us to several beaches including flamingo beach, shell beach and tamarindo, which we enjoyed some boogie boarding, banana boating, and another incredible dinner. He toped the day off with a Costa Rican band coming to play for us! The food at both restaurants were amazing, I enjoyed lobster and mahi mahi and this was the best food I have eaten in a long time.
Next time we go to Costa Rica and hopefully that is soon, We will be going through JD for everything and we cannot wait to see JD and Costa Rica again! Pura Vida!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the unspoiled northern Pacific coast of Costa Rica(home to wild parrots and endagered sea turtles), striking volcanic cliffs dramatically descend to powdery sand beaches and crystalline coves. Elegant and respectfully situaded within this breathtaking haven in the five-star Occidental Grand papagayo. Reverently aligned with its majestic surroundings, the resort offers a new kind of luxury all inclusive vacation. It is nothing short of extraordinary.Couples, families and friends who visit experience premiun service, discover gourmand dining and select from an impressive gamut of activities and sports. The resor´s natural setting and luxury amenities also make it the ideal locale for an incomparable wedding or honeymoon. In short, the Occidental Grand Papagayo is a perfect vacation spot for anyone and any reason. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., getaroom.com, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Priceline, Otel and Venere so you can book your Occidental Grand Papagayo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Gulf Of
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Costa Rica
- Grande Papagayo Costa Rica
- Grand Papagayo Liberia