Just returned from one week at the Occidental. We had paid for a Royal Club upgrade from Air Canada- totally not worth it. If you go there just book a regular room. We did not have the promised mini bar stocked every day, there was no cd/dvd player or high speed in our room, the ocean view was minimal. We did not have windows that opened or a sliding door to be able to get fresh air in our room, and the air conditioning unit was very loud. The food at the buffet is bland and not varied. There were two specialty restaurants but we had great difficulty trying to book a table so gave up. The pool area
had old wooden deck chairs, the towels are very tired looking, and there weren't enough seats for all the guests. The beach is nothing to speak of and I guarantee you will be disappointed. At night, one lobby bar and a small disco- live entertainment was a singer or a few musicians for an hour in the evening. Nothing much to do. The hotel is far from other activities and the cabs from there are very expensive. The staff are friendly and try to help, but their lack of experience is evident. One other pet peeve with Air Canada vacations is that we were picked up three hours before our flight to return to Canada and did not get lunch at the resort but were taken to a souvenir shop on the way to the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the unspoiled northern Pacific coast of Costa Rica(home to wild parrots and endagered sea turtles), striking volcanic cliffs dramatically descend to powdery sand beaches and crystalline coves. Elegant and respectfully situaded within this breathtaking haven in the five-star Occidental Grand papagayo. Reverently aligned with its majestic surroundings, the resort offers a new kind of luxury all inclusive vacation. It is nothing short of extraordinary.Couples, families and friends who visit experience premiun service, discover gourmand dining and select from an impressive gamut of activities and sports. The resor´s natural setting and luxury amenities also make it the ideal locale for an incomparable wedding or honeymoon. In short, the Occidental Grand Papagayo is a perfect vacation spot for anyone and any reason. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Occidental Grand Papagayo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Gulf Of
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Costa Rica
- Grande Papagayo Costa Rica
- Grand Papagayo Liberia