This hotel had a load of poor reviews which were a little bit unnerving prior to going on our honeymoon, but we went with our gut and it was UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! We went during what I guess is known as the wet season, but all that meant was there were beautiful thunderstorms in the afternoon for an hour or two if that and then the sun came out again for dinner. Because it was the wet season, the hotel was so quiet 80/300 rooms booked we were told which meant no line ups anywhere, easy to get reservations, no problems getting chairs by the pool, and cheaper excursions.
We had a royal club room which I would highly recommend. The view from our room was spectacular as well as the service. With royal club I guess you are able to get breakfast to your room every day if you want it. We did quite a bit and sat out on our patio which overlooked the ocean. We were usually joined by many friends including the ridiculously cute coati which my husband reluctantly let me feed.
The resport itself lent to incredible hospitality, activities, and friendly tourists. Turned out there were about 10 other couples on their honeymoons of which we became good friends with a few and went on a few excursions with them. The staff at the resort were fantastic- if you want amazing service by the pool or in the restaurant get to know Antonio... he will also make you laugh, he was great. And Ana-Marie seemed like she did a bit of everything, and she always greeted you and knew your name. Bryan was the royal club liason and was fantastic, he accomodated anything we needed (which wasn't much because everything was already fantastic!). I would go back there in a heartbeat. Sure its a humid country and the bathtubs might have rings around the drain... but what do you expect from a latin/central american country? Its hot and wet pretty much all the time, so if you understand the climate prior to going you can ignore the many reviews that talk about the musty damp rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the unspoiled northern Pacific coast of Costa Rica(home to wild parrots and endagered sea turtles), striking volcanic cliffs dramatically descend to powdery sand beaches and crystalline coves. Elegant and respectfully situaded within this breathtaking haven in the five-star Occidental Grand papagayo. Reverently aligned with its majestic surroundings, the resort offers a new kind of luxury all inclusive vacation. It is nothing short of extraordinary.Couples, families and friends who visit experience premiun service, discover gourmand dining and select from an impressive gamut of activities and sports. The resor´s natural setting and luxury amenities also make it the ideal locale for an incomparable wedding or honeymoon. In short, the Occidental Grand Papagayo is a perfect vacation spot for anyone and any reason. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Occidental Grand Papagayo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Gulf Of
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Costa Rica
- Grande Papagayo Costa Rica
- Grand Papagayo Liberia