Just returned from this resort. Weather was perfect and resort OK. I think it's the end of the busy season so the pool towels are thin and starting to wear ... and our room needed some touching up ... I'm sure it will be done during the slow season. We were not in our room much anyway!! We had no problems with the AC, we did not get water very often and the maid service was not great ... we noticed but it did not stop us from having a great time. The wildlife on the resort is amazing! The Coati and the lizards like banana's ... so grab a couple at breakfast and they will appreciate it! The staff are amazing ... they work hard and still mile and make you feel welcome and comfortable. We took a taxi into coco beach and did some shopping ... the shops at the end ( near the bank Nationale) are the cheapest. Seems the ones in the middle get the most business and like any good shop owner ... supply and demand means they can ask more for the same stuff. Still ... prices are about 1/3 the price of the hotel gift shop.
Keep your pool towels and use them to identify your chairs at the pool or beach. First come ... first serve. We were usually up by 7am and managed to get great chairs all week. Feel free to move the chairs around .... lots of shade on the hill not far from the pool. Just be carefull ... the birds in the trees above you are well fed!!
We went on the river boat tour .... It was a great 1/2 day ... but I think I saw more birds on the resort!! ... The white face monkeys and the crocodile were the main event! Up close and personal! Wow
Some others on the resort said there best trip was the sunset cruise ... only runs a couple of times a week and we missed it ... but they raved!
All in all these two sisters had a great time, Costa Rica is an amazing country and I would return in a minute! Pure Vida!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the unspoiled northern Pacific coast of Costa Rica(home to wild parrots and endagered sea turtles), striking volcanic cliffs dramatically descend to powdery sand beaches and crystalline coves. Elegant and respectfully situaded within this breathtaking haven in the five-star Occidental Grand papagayo. Reverently aligned with its majestic surroundings, the resort offers a new kind of luxury all inclusive vacation. It is nothing short of extraordinary.Couples, families and friends who visit experience premiun service, discover gourmand dining and select from an impressive gamut of activities and sports. The resor´s natural setting and luxury amenities also make it the ideal locale for an incomparable wedding or honeymoon. In short, the Occidental Grand Papagayo is a perfect vacation spot for anyone and any reason. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Occidental Grand Papagayo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Gulf Of
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Costa Rica
- Grande Papagayo Costa Rica
- Grand Papagayo Liberia