“Surfing at its best!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: With a focus on personalized attention and safety, Point Break Surf is the surf school and Stand Up Paddle company of choice. Surf Lessons include surf board and rash guard rental, two hours of lessons, and post-lesson refreshments (iced water and fresh pineapple). Classes take place at Playa Grande where the waves are perfect for learning. We accommodate kids of all ages as well as large groups and wedding parties. We also offer Stand Up Paddling (SUP) lessons and tours in Playa Flamingo, where we explore pristine beaches and islands. So, come join us today!
“Surfing at its best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I have surfed before in Hawaii & Australia, but my experience with Point Break Surf in Papagayo Gulf was the best... hands down! The location can't be beat. The waves were perfect, and all that is beneath you is your board, water and sand. There is no coral to to rip up your legs if you fall (which did happen to me in a prior attempt to surf. Not fun!)

Contacting them online, I got an immediate response from Michelle. She was very informative, accommodating and was able to schedule me in right away. The booking and payment process were a total breeze.

But the reason that this was such a great experience was because of the surf coaches. Brayan and Angelo were fantastic. They knew I had surfed before but still gave me a quick and thorough introduction. They were super supportive and a ton of fun. They made the experience that much better. I definitely recommend Point Break surf & these two instructors in particular. I'm ready to book my next surf lesson with them right away!

Visited April 2014

“Best guys to surf with in CR”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Top notch service! Michelle, Mike, Brayan and Angelo took us to this laid back part of Playa Grande and it was only our group in the water! This is a massive difference from all the other set ups in Tamarindo. Everyone had a blast, from beginner to some of the crew that had surfed before. If you are thinking of going surfing while in CR, check out these guys! Pura vida!

Visited May 2014
“Amazing surfing lessons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Point Break Surf was amazing.
Arranging the lessons (including the transportation from our resort) online before the trip was extremely easy. My wife and I had one instructor between the two of us, and the lessons were a nice mix of instruction and practice. The location was perfect: sand bottom, consistent waves, and the beach to ourselves. The lessons took a couple of hours.
Thanks Point Break!

Visited April 2014
3 attraction reviews
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

This us the second time in two years that I have connected with Point Break. Came back to Costa Rica and with friends who had never surfed. Of course I wanted them to experience Point Break, as it was the highlight my last trip.

Angelo was a very patient and encouraging instructor. Gave great instruction and could pinpoint exactly what we were doing right and wrong in an instant.

We all were up, surfing and having fun in short order. Which we continued with for the rest of our stay.

They have a sweet semi-private spot on the beach,so you have room to move without wording about anyone else.

Great individual attention, great service, awesome people equals fantastic value! Just can't recommend Point Break enough.

Visited March 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic first time surfing. Will definitely come back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I heard about Point Break Surf on Trip Advisor, so made arrangements for a lesson on our first time in Costa Rica.

It was our first time surfing and we had the best time. Brayan, our instructor was so helpful and patient and made the whole experiencefun for us. The private beach with soft sand made for the perfect place to learn, and the waves were just right for us beginners.

Mike, one of the owners was there too and told us about other surf camps they run. My husband and I intend to go back to try this next time. I would recommend this to anyone looking to try.

Visited February 2014