Having been to the Four Seasons, Maui, our expectations for Costa Rica quite high. The hotel, however, did not quite live up to them. Nothing horrific but a series of disappointments:
-we arrived around 3:00pm when the room was suppose to be ready, but it took us close to 45 minutes to check in; don't know what they guy was doing but he was staring at the screen forever
-we made reservations for the Beach Club restaurant through the front desk but when we got to the restaurant, they had no record of our reservation and had to negotiate with the hostess to get a decent table
-the hotel is extremely remote, which is nice, but you are a captive to their restaurants. One is a 'churrascaria' (Congos) where the guy comes around and cuts off various meats from a skewer. Great if you want to load up on meat, but not our thing. DiMare is an Italian restaurant with an atypical menu that didn't completely appeal to us. We ended up eating most nights at Ticos, which is the bar but does have good tapas. You can also order from the other restaurant menus, except Congos. Another restaurant, Caracol, was closed two of the nights we were there. In my opinion, these restaurant limitations make a stay more than four nights or so difficult.
-we scheduled the water taxi through the hotel to take us to Coco Beach. There are two beaches at the Four Seasons, one on the Bay and one on the Pacific. Three people told us to wait at the Pacific beach but after 30 minutes and no taxi, found out we were suppose to be at the Bay beach.
-At Maui, everyone seemed to know our name no matter where we went in the hotel. No one knew our name in Costa Rica.
-Given its remoteness, your will drive, or be driven, 1.5 to 2 hours each way to get to the rainforest if you do the Skywalk tour, which I highly recommend. Not an issue with the hotel but something of which to be aware.
Again, nothing terrible. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are nice. Just not quite as "Four Seasons" as we have experienced elsewhere.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica At Peninsula Papagayo Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- 4 Seasons Resort Costa Rica At Peninsula Papagayo
- Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica At Peninsula Papagayo Hotel
- Four Seasons Costa Rica
- Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica
- Four Seasons Liberia
- Peninsula Liberia
- Liberia Peninsula
- Liberia Four Seasons
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.