My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Papagayo (since renamed) for nine days in October 2014. It is a beautiful resort in a spectacular location. The resort faces a bay and backs up to the jungle. We saw howler monkeys and watched iguanas on the hotel property. The staff was friendly and efficient and did everything they could to meet our wishes. The restaurants were equivalent to fine dining establishments in the United States. The food was delicious, as were the specialty cocktails. We enjoyed the pools and loved the swim-up bar. The beach and bay were lovely and we went kayaking several times. In the evenings, we took Latin dancing lessons, listened to live music, and went on a walk through the rainforest. We used Swiss Travel for excursions. We would highly recommend this resort and hope to return someday.
One word of caution for travel to Costa Rica, use an effective insect repellant at all times, especially if you know that you are susceptible to insect bites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a bay surrounded by the Pacific Ocean at the Gulf of Papagayo in Guanacaste, our resort is the perfect place to let your worries drift away. The magnificent view of the tranquil waters, the surrounding lush tropical gardens and abundant wildlife will make you experience the true Costa Rican feel.This magical all-inclusive resort also offers:- Convenient location, only 20 minutes from the Liberia International Airport- Large property but with an intimate atmosphere and feel- New all inclusive concept with boutique-style service without the need of bracelets or towel cards and no limit in à la carte dining. - Private beach feel with calm tides year round- Casita-style bungalows perched hillside overlooking the bay. - World-class Spa offering full range of traditional and exotic treatments in a Costa Rican – inspired natural ambiance- Unforgettable setting for Honeymoons and Weddings - Venues which add a local flair to your meetings, incentives and other social gatherings.- Just minutes away from major local attractions, National Parks and beaches ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Papagayo Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort And Spa
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Fiesta Premier Costa Rica
- Hilton Gulf Of Papagayo
- Gulf Of Papagayo Hilton
- Fiesta Resort Costa Rica
- Fiesta Premier Resort Spa Costa Rica