There was a mix-up in transportation when we arrived at the Liberia airport very late at night and we had to pay for a cab to the resort instead of using Joke Transportation, but after that, our trip turned out to be wonderful and we had a lot of fun. There is a lot to do in Costa Rica and the people are very friendly.
We switched from a room with 2 double beds to one with a King bed without any problem at all. We were very pleased with the view, the size of the room, the room service, and the walking distance to the beach and the restaurants. We never had a problem with security and felt safe at all times. One day, we accidentally left our safe open and returned to our room to find everything was still there!
I highly recommend taking the River Boat cruise down the Palo Verde River. We used Hotel Extras.com and our tour guide was Arturo. He was very knowledgeable and a good guide. Just don't bring bananas to feed the monkeys! And, bring lots of Deet bug repellent. There are no-see-ums that will bite you.
Be sure to reserve your dinner reservations ahead of time or you will have a hard time getting a reservation. We liked JJ too! He remembered our names and always had a smile on his face.
There was a group that reserved the bar area for the football play-off games on Sunday. This didn't seem fair to kick out other paying guests from the large screen TV, but the hotel did the best they could to bring in extra chairs and try to make sure we all could see the TVs. Shame on the company for doing that! (American Standard?)
Another great tour to do is the Miravalles Volcano area. There are hanging bridges, gorgeous waterfalls, and you can walk inside a real crater. You can get a mud bath if you want and soak in hot springs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a bay surrounded by the Pacific Ocean at the Gulf of Papagayo in Guanacaste, our resort is the perfect place to let your worries drift away. The magnificent view of the tranquil waters, the surrounding lush tropical gardens and abundant wildlife will make you experience the true Costa Rican feel.This magical all-inclusive resort also offers:- Convenient location, only 20 minutes from the Liberia International Airport- Large property but with an intimate atmosphere and feel- New all inclusive concept with boutique-style service without the need of bracelets or towel cards and no limit in à la carte dining. - Private beach feel with calm tides year round- Casita-style bungalows perched hillside overlooking the bay. - World-class Spa offering full range of traditional and exotic treatments in a Costa Rican – inspired natural ambiance- Unforgettable setting for Honeymoons and Weddings - Venues which add a local flair to your meetings, incentives and other social gatherings.- Just minutes away from major local attractions, National Parks and beaches ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort And Spa
- Fiesta Premier Costa Rica
- Hilton Gulf Of Papagayo
- Gulf Of Papagayo Hilton
- Fiesta Resort Costa Rica
- Fiesta Premier Resort Spa Costa Rica