Overall our trip has been great and there is nothing so bad that I would say stay away. The grounds are beautiful, for the most part the staff is great, the rooms are clean and comfy (except the big ants) and the food is ok.
Two things, first we have stayed in many all inclusive resorts so I have a lot to compare with. Second, I'm a total foodie.
We're here at the start of the rainy season so we have enjoyed lush green surroundings, butterflies, all sorts of birds and animal sounds. We sit on our little balcony watch the lightening shows and listen to the surf and thunder.
We took a day tour to the Borinquen mountain resort, had a 30 min horse back ride, I did not like it but my hubby did, zip line, again I was terrified and hubby loved it, we used mineral mud and hot spring pools. Overall a great day. Was not impressed with Liberia. No significant architecture, city plaza, or historical buildings. A clean city but not pretty or interesting.
We took a cab to coco beach. What a hole... It's like a street full of really junky souvenirs all the same, most of it not made locally or relevant to Costa Rica. Pass this up.
The staff makes this place enjoyable and can just as easily leave a very sour taste. For example, we stayed primarily at the adult only pool, for 4 days the staff never brought drinks around, did not pay attention to the opening time of 11 and in general were not nice. However, the staff in the other bar and all the resturants were super nice and friendly all the time. I commented on the staff at the pool to a hilton staffer and the next day it was completely different and has stayed that way for the remainder of the trip
I wish they had a dedicated caribian or Costa Rican resturant over a not so good itialian one. The local flavors are great but you only get a small smattering at the buffet once a week. Overall the food is ok but many of my dishes were Luke warm at best, way over salted to the point of not edible, or way over cooked. The food would be much better if it were just prepared properly. I understand that will not happen at the buffet but at a reservation only resturant that seats under capacity and your willing to wait for your meal should never pre cook their meat and fish. It's just not necessary if you not feeding large crowds.
Will we come back to this resort, no. Will we recommend Costa Rica, yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a bay surrounded by the Pacific Ocean at the Gulf of Papagayo in Guanacaste, our resort is the perfect place to let your worries drift away. The magnificent view of the tranquil waters, the surrounding lush tropical gardens and abundant wildlife will make you experience the true Costa Rican feel.This magical all-inclusive resort also offers:- Convenient location, only 20 minutes from the Liberia International Airport- Large property but with an intimate atmosphere and feel- New all inclusive concept with boutique-style service without the need of bracelets or towel cards and no limit in à la carte dining. - Private beach feel with calm tides year round- Casita-style bungalows perched hillside overlooking the bay. - World-class Spa offering full range of traditional and exotic treatments in a Costa Rican – inspired natural ambiance- Unforgettable setting for Honeymoons and Weddings - Venues which add a local flair to your meetings, incentives and other social gatherings.- Just minutes away from major local attractions, National Parks and beaches ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, Despegar.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort And Spa
- Fiesta Premier Costa Rica
- Hilton Gulf Of Papagayo
- Gulf Of Papagayo Hilton
- Fiesta Resort Costa Rica
- Fiesta Premier Resort Spa Costa Rica