My family and I just returned from a great vacation at this hotel, and we were ready to go back before we even got on the plane.
As soon as we arrived I was pleased to discover that hotel is *exactly* what was pictured online. The bungalows were the perfect set up for my family (my parents, my college-aged brother, and me), since it allowed us to have our own rooms while still being connected. We stayed in rooms 215 and 216 which were just a few steps from the pool and all the main restaurants. Personally, I would recommend these over the more expensive view rooms, since we still had a great view of the beach, and generally didn't have to mess with trekking up and down the hills.
In general, the resort is very quite and secluded. There are a few tour guides and one trinket salesman who can be found on the beach, but the place is far from overrun, unlike some of the more "touristy" places we visited. The beach is on a protected side of the bay, so the surf is mild and relatively easy to swim in. The pool is also beautiful and clean, but once we discovered how warm the ocean water is, we didn't use it much.
Throughout the resort we found that the staff was friendly and happy to help. The only time we had a little bit of trouble was when my brother missed breakfast on the first day and wanted lunch while they were still setting up, around 11:30. However, once we approached the bar and asked to order they happy to quickly serve us.
This was my first stay at an all-inclusive so wasn't sure what to expect from the food and drinks. Overall my family was very pleased with everything. The food was all very fresh and much of it was relatively healthy. I had fish for dinner pretty much every night, and always enjoyed it. All of the cocktails we ordered were tasty, although not very strong. Still I felt we definitely got our money's worth and not having to worry about paying for meals made budgeting for our vacation a lot easier. Our family of animal lovers also got a kick out of the resorts cats who will gently beg for scraps if you are eating outside.
We rented a car and I would definitely recommend it, since it worked out to be cheaper than taking an airport shuttle and l let us have the freedom to go exploring on our own durning the week. We were impressed to find that everywhere we went we were able to get service in English (including at gas stations!), so poor Spanish skills shouldn't hold you back.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Hotel
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort And Spa
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Fiesta Premier Costa Rica
- Fiesta Premier Resort Spa
- Hilton Gulf Of Papagayo
- Gulf Of Papagayo Hilton
- Fiesta Resort Costa Rica
- Fiesta Premier Resort Spa Costa Rica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a bay surrounded by the Pacific Ocean at the Gulf of Papagayo in Guanacaste, our resort is the perfect place to let your worries drift away. The magnificent view of the tranquil waters, the surrounding lush tropical gardens and abundant wildlife will make you experience the true Costa Rican feel.This magical all-inclusive resort also offers:- Convenient location, only 20 minutes from the Liberia International Airport- Large property but with an intimate atmosphere and feel- New all inclusive concept with boutique-style service without the need of bracelets or towel cards and no limit in à la carte dining. - Private beach feel with calm tides year round- Casita-style bungalows perched hillside overlooking the bay. - World-class Spa offering full range of traditional and exotic treatments in a Costa Rican – inspired natural ambiance- Unforgettable setting for Honeymoons and Weddings - Venues which add a local flair to your meetings, incentives and other social gatherings.- Just minutes away from major local attractions, National Parks and beaches ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Amex, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.