We stayed in a bungalow (two independent rooms attached, side by side spread throughout resort)...didn't have a problem with noise from adjoining room, which was occupied; beds are extremely comfortable (this was the first time I was actually able to sleep all night through, without tossing and turning, at a resort); the room was very bright and clean and while not extremely large perfectly acceptable for 3 or 4 people to stay in since the room is only used to shower and sleep in.
The food was good with plenty of variety. Staff was very helpful and friendly. As usual, alcoholic beverages seemed to be watered down (I've never had a good drink at an all inclusive). We asked for top shelf liquor but was told there wasn't any.
The resort is spread out over a large, steep, hilly property (which is gorgeous - especially at night with all of the lights and terraces). Transportation is available to get you where you need to go if you don't like walking.
This is a quiet resort, if you are looking to party this isn't the place for you. Beach and pool volleyball seemed to be the most popular activity on a daily basis. Other than kayaks, nothing else available. Would be nice if the resort got a couple of small catamarans for experienced sailors to take into the bay or for staff to take guests out on for a short trip...wind was good in the area. Pool area and beach were clean.
We used Herson Segura to pick us up and drop us off at Liberia airport - $40 each way. He also took us on a day trip to Arenal. He was very friendly and knowledgeable.,,for the same price, or a little cheaper, it was great not being on a bus with 40 other people from different hotels. You can reach him at: email@example.com.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the exuberant Arenilla beach, Secrets Papagayo Costa Rica will offer adults a stunning Unlimited-Luxury(R) getaway in Costa Rica's Gulf of Papagayo. The secure community around Secrets Papagayo provides striking views of native flora and fauna and miles of unspoiled Pacific Coast beach. This all-suite resort boasts 202 spacious suites, each with a private balcony or terrace as well as a superb Unlimited-Luxury(R) experience starting with 24-hour room service, a daily refreshed mini-bar and more. The Preferred Club will provide an enhanced level of luxury with 65 ocean view suites and additional privileges including access to a private lounge, upgraded bath amenities and mini-bar, concierge service, pillow menu and much more. Guests will enjoy limitless gourmet cuisine, without reservations, at four restaurants and one café in addition to five bars that will serve unlimited top-shelf spirits. Days and nights are filled with land, beach and water activities and live entertainment. Two pools and a pristine beach await. Rejuvenation reigns supreme at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia(R), offering massage, body and facial treatments in 13 treatment rooms and a full-service beauty salon. Follow up this rejuvenation at the fully equipped fitness center or by taking part in one of many daily and nighttime activities. Just 20 minutes from the Liberia Airport and a mere 15 minutes from the touristic town of Coco Beach, Secrets Papagayo offers guests a privileged location both within the resort and throughout the area for an ideal Unlimited-Luxury(R) getaway on the Pacific Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotel.de, Despegar.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Secrets Papagayo Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort And Spa
- Fiesta Premier Costa Rica
- Hilton Gulf Of Papagayo
- Gulf Of Papagayo Hilton
- Fiesta Resort Costa Rica
- Fiesta Premier Resort Spa Costa Rica