We stayed in a bungalow (two independent rooms attached, side by side spread throughout resort)...didn't have a problem with noise from adjoining room, which was occupied; beds are extremely comfortable (this was the first time I was actually able to sleep all night through, without tossing and turning, at a resort); the room was very bright and clean and while not extremely large perfectly acceptable for 3 or 4 people to stay in since the room is only used to shower and sleep in.
The food was good with plenty of variety. Staff was very helpful and friendly. As usual, alcoholic beverages seemed to be watered down (I've never had a good drink at an all inclusive). We asked for top shelf liquor but was told there wasn't any.
The resort is spread out over a large, steep, hilly property (which is gorgeous - especially at night with all of the lights and terraces). Transportation is available to get you where you need to go if you don't like walking.
This is a quiet resort, if you are looking to party this isn't the place for you. Beach and pool volleyball seemed to be the most popular activity on a daily basis. Other than kayaks, nothing else available. Would be nice if the resort got a couple of small catamarans for experienced sailors to take into the bay or for staff to take guests out on for a short trip...wind was good in the area. Pool area and beach were clean.
We used Herson Segura to pick us up and drop us off at Liberia airport - $40 each way. He also took us on a day trip to Arenal. He was very friendly and knowledgeable.,,for the same price, or a little cheaper, it was great not being on a bus with 40 other people from different hotels. You can reach him at: email@example.com.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a bay surrounded by the Pacific Ocean at the Gulf of Papagayo in Guanacaste, our resort is the perfect place to let your worries drift away. The magnificent view of the tranquil waters, the surrounding lush tropical gardens and abundant wildlife will make you experience the true Costa Rican feel.This magical all-inclusive resort also offers:- Convenient location, only 20 minutes from the Liberia International Airport- Large property but with an intimate atmosphere and feel- New all inclusive concept with boutique-style service without the need of bracelets or towel cards and no limit in à la carte dining. - Private beach feel with calm tides year round- Casita-style bungalows perched hillside overlooking the bay. - World-class Spa offering full range of traditional and exotic treatments in a Costa Rican – inspired natural ambiance- Unforgettable setting for Honeymoons and Weddings - Venues which add a local flair to your meetings, incentives and other social gatherings.- Just minutes away from major local attractions, National Parks and beaches ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort And Spa
- Fiesta Premier Costa Rica
- Hilton Gulf Of Papagayo
- Gulf Of Papagayo Hilton
- Fiesta Resort Costa Rica
- Fiesta Premier Resort Spa Costa Rica