Let's first start by saying the country is beautiful!
First and foremost the resort is quite large and well maintained. Upon registering we notice this went rather quick and as usual the locals help you bring your luggage to your room. The one thing we thought should be addressed is that the lobby is not really a sociable area. One would think that at the very least coffee should be served, there was nothing of that. There were chairs for people to use while using the free Wi Fi but this was certainly not a place to mingle and get to meet new people.
Our room was nice and clean and the maid did a good job at doing so per day. Our room was 221 which did have somewhat of an ocean view. There was daily stock of beer, water and whatever- of course there was always some sort of towel animal on our bed.
Food wise cant really complain. Breakfast buffet was the best as there was a huge selection to choose from with alot of fresh fruit. The lunch was pretty much at your discretion where to eat with things such as burgers, chicken fingers, friest and whatnot. The supper well this was something that we were not accustomed to: there was a buffet however it was not your usual. There were main meals to order from, something like a la cart. The buffet part was your breads, salads and desserts, the main meal you had to order, but overally it was OK. The food was tasty.
We did do the Sunset Cruise that is offered at the hotel. They pick you up around 3pm and you get back around 630pm. This was really nice and we even got to see dolphins swimming a the bow of the boat trying to follow us. The sunset was amazing, we never saw a sun go down so fast! You could litterally see it drop off the sky.
There was a biking tour that lasted about an hour or so and this was at no charge. It was great we got to see alot of monkeys on our way, but beware even though this is at 9am the heat is a killer, a must to have water with you.
National Park: This was done with Sibu Tours (our guide Diego) and it was extraordinary. We got to see so much wild life. The beginning of White face monkeys, croccodiles, Jesus Christ lizards, iguannas and the best Macaws (two beautiful red ones)
Deluxe Canopy Tour: This was also done with Sibu Tours and I got this off my "bucket list". I have the biggest fear of heights and I survived. I even did the superman trick. I was so proud of myself. My husband was afraid as well but the guides are very well equipped with calming your fears. The lunch thereafter was exceptional, great food and more than what you can eat. During our stay there we also did the mud bath .... what a feeling ! Your skin is so smooth than you jump into a steam room that is built over the steamed water from the volcanoes.... I will never forget this.
Overall our trip was amazing. I would only recommend this hotel if your looking for absolute quiet as there is no night time shows either.... very quiet resort!!
The locals work very hard with English as a second language and this was good to see with so many not being able to speak spanish.
Oh wait ....... If you have a chance take a taxi to Coco Beach - its worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a bay surrounded by the Pacific Ocean at the Gulf of Papagayo in Guanacaste, our resort is the perfect place to let your worries drift away. The magnificent view of the tranquil waters, the surrounding lush tropical gardens and abundant wildlife will make you experience the true Costa Rican feel.This magical all-inclusive resort also offers:- Convenient location, only 20 minutes from the Liberia International Airport- Large property but with an intimate atmosphere and feel- New all inclusive concept with boutique-style service without the need of bracelets or towel cards and no limit in à la carte dining. - Private beach feel with calm tides year round- Casita-style bungalows perched hillside overlooking the bay. - World-class Spa offering full range of traditional and exotic treatments in a Costa Rican – inspired natural ambiance- Unforgettable setting for Honeymoons and Weddings - Venues which add a local flair to your meetings, incentives and other social gatherings.- Just minutes away from major local attractions, National Parks and beaches ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort And Spa
- Fiesta Premier Costa Rica
- Hilton Gulf Of Papagayo
- Gulf Of Papagayo Hilton
- Fiesta Resort Costa Rica
- Fiesta Premier Resort Spa Costa Rica