We went for our Honeymoon and we were thrilled to get away for 6 days. When we arrived we were not greeted well with the front desk staff. He was rude, rolled his eyes and just didn't care. He said he didn't find our reservation and said sorry. I handed him our print out and then huffed and said Oh I see it... I tried to be nice but he was just a jerk. He said he would call a shuttle to take us to the room...30 minutes later they came...and when we went to ask about the shuttle he said its coming..and then turned to his co workers and said something and laughed. Finally when we get to our bungalow, its really nice. I had asked if we could get a ocean view room and he said NO we are booked. So we were like ok no problem. When we go to the bar we meet a very nice couple and they said they were upgraded just 5 minutes ago to ocean view and their staff also said they are not booked.
The food was bland, no spices..but they are all very accomodating to vegetarians. they really did try to get us what we wanted.
We had great help with Charlotte, she spoke english, was very nice and even tried to get us another room after we had a 4 foot iguana in front of our room. I think if the staff had her hospitalitiy and helpfulness this resort would be amazing. The front office manager did call me to see how things were afterward. She was nice but not accomodating.
The bartenders were really friendly and nice. There are only 2-3 bartenders so getting a drink is hard since everyone goes to the bar...but still not that many people at the resort.
DO NOT use the hotels cab service...askt them to call a local cab. They were trying to get us to get a car service and 20 dollars per person when the cab was 15 dollars one way for both of us. Do some research on where you want to go and buy the trips ahead of time. We went with fun jet and it was much cheaper than the hotel's. Plus when we checked out they never gave us a bill and gave us hilton points so we now can't get points for the stay. Make sure you get the BILL!
Overall not a horrible experience, the front staff guy was horrible but charlotte was amazing.
not sure I would ever go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the exuberant Arenilla beach, Secrets Papagayo Costa Rica will offer adults a stunning Unlimited-Luxury(R) getaway in Costa Rica's Gulf of Papagayo. The secure community around Secrets Papagayo provides striking views of native flora and fauna and miles of unspoiled Pacific Coast beach. This all-suite resort boasts 202 spacious suites, each with a private balcony or terrace as well as a superb Unlimited-Luxury(R) experience starting with 24-hour room service, a daily refreshed mini-bar and more. The Preferred Club will provide an enhanced level of luxury with 65 ocean view suites and additional privileges including access to a private lounge, upgraded bath amenities and mini-bar, concierge service, pillow menu and much more. Guests will enjoy limitless gourmet cuisine, without reservations, at four restaurants and one café in addition to five bars that will serve unlimited top-shelf spirits. Days and nights are filled with land, beach and water activities and live entertainment. Two pools and a pristine beach await. Rejuvenation reigns supreme at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia(R), offering massage, body and facial treatments in 13 treatment rooms and a full-service beauty salon. Follow up this rejuvenation at the fully equipped fitness center or by taking part in one of many daily and nighttime activities. Just 20 minutes from the Liberia Airport and a mere 15 minutes from the touristic town of Coco Beach, Secrets Papagayo offers guests a privileged location both within the resort and throughout the area for an ideal Unlimited-Luxury(R) getaway on the Pacific Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, Expedia, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Secrets Papagayo Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort And Spa
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Fiesta Premier Costa Rica
- Hilton Gulf Of Papagayo
- Gulf Of Papagayo Hilton
- Fiesta Resort Costa Rica
- Fiesta Premier Resort Spa Costa Rica