We just spent a week at the Hilton and had a generally positive experience. Like other reviewers, I would say that the Hilton management has been cheap with the upkeep, because the rooms were a little run down. Not the end of the world, since we only used them for sleeping but you expect a bit more from a five star resort. The pools are nice though, and there is definitely a jungle type feel to the place. The best part of the Hilton is their staff. They were all really friendly and helpful (yes I know they’re getting paid to be friendly and helpful, but you can tell when it’s genuine!)
The food was good, lots of fresh fruit and salads, but there was nothing extraordinary. I’m a foodie, and the kind of person that gets tired of the buffet, so we made a point of getting out of the hotel for a couple of dinners. Ginger’s in Playa Hermosa was AMAZING. They serve Asian tapas, and every plate was an explosion of different flavors. Their Ahi Tuna was the best I've ever eaten, and the service was excellent. Best of all, they have a free shuttle that picks you up and brings you back to the hotel. They recommended that we try Citron in Playas del Coco, and it was also very good – I loved the shrimp bisque. The Hilton transportation to Coco is expensive, though ($40 return). Coco is the only place where there’s any kind of shopping for souvenirs, but it’s pretty hot to walk around so we ended up having drinks in one of the bars that line the main street, and people watching.
We had a very enjoyably week, and I’d probably go back, but stay someplace a little more centrally located.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Hotel
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort And Spa
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Fiesta Premier Costa Rica
- Fiesta Premier Resort Spa
- Hilton Gulf Of Papagayo
- Gulf Of Papagayo Hilton
- Fiesta Resort Costa Rica
- Fiesta Premier Resort Spa Costa Rica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a bay surrounded by the Pacific Ocean at the Gulf of Papagayo in Guanacaste, our resort is the perfect place to let your worries drift away. The magnificent view of the tranquil waters, the surrounding lush tropical gardens and abundant wildlife will make you experience the true Costa Rican feel.This magical all-inclusive resort also offers:- Convenient location, only 20 minutes from the Liberia International Airport- Large property but with an intimate atmosphere and feel- New all inclusive concept with boutique-style service without the need of bracelets or towel cards and no limit in à la carte dining. - Private beach feel with calm tides year round- Casita-style bungalows perched hillside overlooking the bay. - World-class Spa offering full range of traditional and exotic treatments in a Costa Rican – inspired natural ambiance- Unforgettable setting for Honeymoons and Weddings - Venues which add a local flair to your meetings, incentives and other social gatherings.- Just minutes away from major local attractions, National Parks and beaches ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Amex, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.