The resort is well past its prime, with a number of rundown, outdated physical facilities. It looks poorly maintained - roofs, railings, beach area. The pool, however, is very nice. No hot tub.
The inside of the room was nice, but no bathtub. The porch was run down with aging railing and floor tiles.
The fitness club is at the far end of the large complex - very nice, but hard to get to. It is part of what looks like a very expensive spa.
The food ranged from very good to terrible - stay away from the pool side restaurant. Drinks are very small and nothing better than Johnnie Walker Red - stick with the mixed drinks, which are good. The wine is barely drinkable. Room service is $15 extra.
There are no sidewalks, so you need to take a shuttle everywhere to avoid dangerously narrow roads just wide enough for one cart. Usually a wait of a couple of minutes, but on a number of occassiona no one answered the phone when I called for a shuttle. Also, the hills are very steep and facilities strung out.
The staff is friendly, but check in was a 30 minute wait. Three couples wanted nearby rooms - a good idea since the complex is extremely spread out, and the Assistant Manager took that long to fix it. The desk clerk was tied up with another matter for quite a while - not a check-in or check-out. But very quick when he finally got to me.
Not having anyone to answer the phone for substantial periods of time is a big issue for this resort.
There was no entertainment except very weak singers at the bar.
Some rooms are right on the road with total lack of privacy for the porch.
The place is seriously overpriced for what you get and an embaraasment to the Hilton name.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the exuberant Arenilla beach, Secrets Papagayo Costa Rica will offer adults a stunning Unlimited-Luxury(R) getaway in Costa Rica's Gulf of Papagayo. The secure community around Secrets Papagayo provides striking views of native flora and fauna and miles of unspoiled Pacific Coast beach. This all-suite resort boasts 202 spacious suites, each with a private balcony or terrace as well as a superb Unlimited-Luxury(R) experience starting with 24-hour room service, a daily refreshed mini-bar and more. The Preferred Club will provide an enhanced level of luxury with 65 ocean view suites and additional privileges including access to a private lounge, upgraded bath amenities and mini-bar, concierge service, pillow menu and much more. Guests will enjoy limitless gourmet cuisine, without reservations, at four restaurants and one café in addition to five bars that will serve unlimited top-shelf spirits. Days and nights are filled with land, beach and water activities and live entertainment. Two pools and a pristine beach await. Rejuvenation reigns supreme at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia(R), offering massage, body and facial treatments in 13 treatment rooms and a full-service beauty salon. Follow up this rejuvenation at the fully equipped fitness center or by taking part in one of many daily and nighttime activities. Just 20 minutes from the Liberia Airport and a mere 15 minutes from the touristic town of Coco Beach, Secrets Papagayo offers guests a privileged location both within the resort and throughout the area for an ideal Unlimited-Luxury(R) getaway on the Pacific Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Low Cost Holidays, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotel.de, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Secrets Papagayo Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort And Spa
- Fiesta Premier Costa Rica
- Hilton Gulf Of Papagayo
- Gulf Of Papagayo Hilton
- Fiesta Resort Costa Rica
- Fiesta Premier Resort Spa Costa Rica