The resort is well past its prime, with a number of rundown, outdated physical facilities. It looks poorly maintained - roofs, railings, beach area. The pool, however, is very nice. No hot tub.
The inside of the room was nice, but no bathtub. The porch was run down with aging railing and floor tiles.
The fitness club is at the far end of the large complex - very nice, but hard to get to. It is part of what looks like a very expensive spa.
The food ranged from very good to terrible - stay away from the pool side restaurant. Drinks are very small and nothing better than Johnnie Walker Red - stick with the mixed drinks, which are good. The wine is barely drinkable. Room service is $15 extra.
There are no sidewalks, so you need to take a shuttle everywhere to avoid dangerously narrow roads just wide enough for one cart. Usually a wait of a couple of minutes, but on a number of occassiona no one answered the phone when I called for a shuttle. Also, the hills are very steep and facilities strung out.
The staff is friendly, but check in was a 30 minute wait. Three couples wanted nearby rooms - a good idea since the complex is extremely spread out, and the Assistant Manager took that long to fix it. The desk clerk was tied up with another matter for quite a while - not a check-in or check-out. But very quick when he finally got to me.
Not having anyone to answer the phone for substantial periods of time is a big issue for this resort.
There was no entertainment except very weak singers at the bar.
Some rooms are right on the road with total lack of privacy for the porch.
The place is seriously overpriced for what you get and an embaraasment to the Hilton name.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a bay surrounded by the Pacific Ocean at the Gulf of Papagayo in Guanacaste, our resort is the perfect place to let your worries drift away. The magnificent view of the tranquil waters, the surrounding lush tropical gardens and abundant wildlife will make you experience the true Costa Rican feel.This magical all-inclusive resort also offers:- Convenient location, only 20 minutes from the Liberia International Airport- Large property but with an intimate atmosphere and feel- New all inclusive concept with boutique-style service without the need of bracelets or towel cards and no limit in à la carte dining. - Private beach feel with calm tides year round- Casita-style bungalows perched hillside overlooking the bay. - World-class Spa offering full range of traditional and exotic treatments in a Costa Rican – inspired natural ambiance- Unforgettable setting for Honeymoons and Weddings - Venues which add a local flair to your meetings, incentives and other social gatherings.- Just minutes away from major local attractions, National Parks and beaches ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort And Spa
- Fiesta Premier Costa Rica
- Hilton Gulf Of Papagayo
- Gulf Of Papagayo Hilton
- Fiesta Resort Costa Rica
- Fiesta Premier Resort Spa Costa Rica