We stayed at the HIlton Papagayo the week of December 20th with our two kids (ages 6 and 7). The hotel was perfect for us - quiet and calm. Our boys loved the pool, and the beach is perfect, with few waves, warm water, and lot of opportunity to search for shells. We were on the spa side, which I found preferable, but it's a largely kid-free area so I was constantly asking the boys to keep their voices down - it's that quiet on that side. We loved the layout of the resort, as it gives the impression that you're much more on your own than you get at a typical hotel built with typical architecture.
But by far the best part of our trip were the excursions. We booked two excursions and our airport transfers with Diego Sandi of Sibu Tours before we came, and I can't say enough about how much our experience with Diego impacted our trip. Communicating with him before the trip via email, he was always helpful and responsive. He was always on time, full of GREAT information about Costa Rica, and really made the trip worthwhile. On our first excursion to Rincon de la Vieja, he stopped several times to point out wildlife that we would otherwise have missed, and to tell us about the history and culture of the areas we drove through.
My boys are young, and Diego went with us on the horseback riding trip, helping the boys get set up in the saddle, get the feel of riding the horses on their own and showing them how to hold the reins and control their horses. He also helped get them set up on the zip lines, which we really appreciated.
Our second excursion was the Palo Verde tour, and Diego made sure that we knew that it wouldn't be him driving us out to Palo Verde, but Elvis. Elvis was a great guide as well - on our way out, he took us off the beaten path to see the most interesting things, and made a point of pointing out key things as we drove through his hometown. Best of all, on our way to the park and out of the park, he stopped to point out wildlife - a colony of howler monkeys on the way there, and a scarlet macaw on the way back.
I can't say enough about Diego and everyone we dealt with at Sibu Tours. We're already planning to come back to Costa Rica in a few years and do more - and we'll definitely make plans for some new things with Diego. The Hilton was a perfect home base, and Diego really made the trip one of the best vacations our family has ever taken.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a bay surrounded by the Pacific Ocean at the Gulf of Papagayo in Guanacaste, our resort is the perfect place to let your worries drift away. The magnificent view of the tranquil waters, the surrounding lush tropical gardens and abundant wildlife will make you experience the true Costa Rican feel.This magical all-inclusive resort also offers:- Convenient location, only 20 minutes from the Liberia International Airport- Large property but with an intimate atmosphere and feel- New all inclusive concept with boutique-style service without the need of bracelets or towel cards and no limit in à la carte dining. - Private beach feel with calm tides year round- Casita-style bungalows perched hillside overlooking the bay. - World-class Spa offering full range of traditional and exotic treatments in a Costa Rican – inspired natural ambiance- Unforgettable setting for Honeymoons and Weddings - Venues which add a local flair to your meetings, incentives and other social gatherings.- Just minutes away from major local attractions, National Parks and beaches ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Papagayo Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort And Spa
- Fiesta Premier Costa Rica
- Hilton Gulf Of Papagayo
- Gulf Of Papagayo Hilton
- Fiesta Resort Costa Rica
- Fiesta Premier Resort Spa Costa Rica