Property: Hilton acquired the property two years ago. The resort is tucked aways in the hills along a small peaceful bay with volcanic sand. Diamond member complimentary upgrade to ocean front bungalow was a plus including free WiFi. Also access to spa amenities for Diamond member was great, there is a decent size gym with free weights. Two large bottle waters, two Cokes, two Coke Lites and two beers are made available, complimentary, not sure if that was Diamond perk or included in all-inclusive. Unless the bungalow is near the pool, shuttle is required. The highest point/best view is bungalow # 391.
Food: The food, I found better than Hilton Montego Bay Rose Hall all-inclusive. Dinner reservations are required at 3 restaurants, Bocadillo would be my first recommendation, El Dorado next, Italian last. Service was slooow at two of the three dinners, overall Bocadillo was great. Dinner alternative, the buffet has a variety of fare, desserts are small shooters. Bars are decent, I only had red wine, and my wife tried a few mixed drinks that were okay. Kids enjoyed the smoothies and juices offered with meals. If you sit outside a bird or two can be pesky at times. Good coffee. Try the ice cream(even outside the resort), has a nice smooth home-made type texture.
Activities: Activities are offered by the resort. Definitely hike the trails on the property around sunset. The highlight of our trip was private tours, I would highly recommend a private tour guide, same cost as the one offered by the hotel, tailored to your liking and avoids the crowded times at tour attractions. Our private tour itinerary was...
Dec 26: Miravalles Volcano Private Tour
Included: Stoping by llanos del Cortez waterfall, canopy(zip lining), authentic CR lunch(Cassado),horseback riding,hanging bridge,hiking in to the rainforest,walk in to the crater,natural sauna,natural mud bath, hot springs,water slide.
Dec 27: Palo Verde boat river Private Tour and Tamarindo
Included: Fee to national park, 2 hours on the boat to see wild life, the best CR lunch, Guaitil pottery villa town, Tamarindo for shopping.
Dec 28: Arenal Volcano Private Tour
Included: CR breakfast, eco-center wild life tour, La Fortuna waterfall, good lunch, natural hot water river(tabacon).
Herson Segura was our tour guide, we found him here on TripAdvisor based on a review (Thanks!) he can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or from the lobby phone 8990-8115.
For more photos please visit my Flickr set here
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a bay surrounded by the Pacific Ocean at the Gulf of Papagayo in Guanacaste, our resort is the perfect place to let your worries drift away. The magnificent view of the tranquil waters, the surrounding lush tropical gardens and abundant wildlife will make you experience the true Costa Rican feel.This magical all-inclusive resort also offers:- Convenient location, only 20 minutes from the Liberia International Airport- Large property but with an intimate atmosphere and feel- New all inclusive concept with boutique-style service without the need of bracelets or towel cards and no limit in à la carte dining. - Private beach feel with calm tides year round- Casita-style bungalows perched hillside overlooking the bay. - World-class Spa offering full range of traditional and exotic treatments in a Costa Rican – inspired natural ambiance- Unforgettable setting for Honeymoons and Weddings - Venues which add a local flair to your meetings, incentives and other social gatherings.- Just minutes away from major local attractions, National Parks and beaches ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort And Spa
- Fiesta Premier Costa Rica
- Hilton Gulf Of Papagayo
- Gulf Of Papagayo Hilton
- Fiesta Resort Costa Rica
- Fiesta Premier Resort Spa Costa Rica