We stayed 12/26/12 - 12/30/12. The resort is close to the Liberia Airport, however, that is about all it is close to. The resort is tucked in a valley, thus making a walk to any rooms up hill. It is spread out, which cuts down on any noise form other rooms. However, the if you are staying the room in the 200's you can hear the pool party music well into the night. The bungalows on the beach need updating in the worst way. There is little to no shade around the main pool area, unless you get a table in the bar area. In general the pool area is cramped, not a whole bunch of room to spread out. Do not go to this resort for the beach!! There is just not much of it, nor is it something to be admired. There are not many onsite activities.....if you don't like sitting by a pool or hanging out on a so-so beach, find another place.
The rooms we were in need some TLC. Each room has it own AC unit, however, we were very allergic to something in the air while the AC was on. The exterior decks, and roofs of the rooms need some help as well. Looking down a roofs with missing, or broken tiles bring the whole ambiance down a bit.
They do have a good shuttle service to and from onsite restaurants and pools. The staff is friendly, and seems to be doing the best they can with what they have.
The one main complaint our group had was the food. The food at all three restaurants is nothing to write home about. With no options near the resort, you are left to eat all your meals on the resort grounds. Nothing we order left us feeling full or satisfied. Small portion, lacking flavor, rubbery chicken, over cooked shrimp.
I would not recommend this resort for anyone that enjoys their meals, or personal service while on vacation. There is nothing special about the Hilton Papagayo, or worth another visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a bay surrounded by the Pacific Ocean at the Gulf of Papagayo in Guanacaste, our resort is the perfect place to let your worries drift away. The magnificent view of the tranquil waters, the surrounding lush tropical gardens and abundant wildlife will make you experience the true Costa Rican feel.This magical all-inclusive resort also offers:- Convenient location, only 20 minutes from the Liberia International Airport- Large property but with an intimate atmosphere and feel- New all inclusive concept with boutique-style service without the need of bracelets or towel cards and no limit in à la carte dining. - Private beach feel with calm tides year round- Casita-style bungalows perched hillside overlooking the bay. - World-class Spa offering full range of traditional and exotic treatments in a Costa Rican – inspired natural ambiance- Unforgettable setting for Honeymoons and Weddings - Venues which add a local flair to your meetings, incentives and other social gatherings.- Just minutes away from major local attractions, National Parks and beaches ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Papagayo Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort And Spa
- Fiesta Premier Costa Rica
- Hilton Gulf Of Papagayo
- Gulf Of Papagayo Hilton
- Fiesta Resort Costa Rica
- Fiesta Premier Resort Spa Costa Rica