My husband and I recently returned from our stay at the Hilton.
Grounds: The Hilton is spread out over a large hill. From reading other reviews, I anticipated that it would be quit hilly, but I assumed I could walk most places. Once I there I quickly realized I really couldnt. There are shuttles constantly running which make navigating the grounds quick and easy. I never waited more than a few minutes to catch the shuttle. There are two pools, the large main pool had a swim up bar and lots of seating. There weren't many umbrellas, although if you wanted shade there were small huts just steps away on the beach. The beach is gray sand, a result of the volcanic area. It is also a short beach, but easy access.
Rooms: were set up as small bungalows usually two per building. The room was a basic hilton room with no frills. It could have used a little love, but they were clean. The mini fridge was free and included coke, coke light, beer and two giant bottles of water. The tv had multiple english speaking channels.
Food; Breakfast buffet was great. everything you could imagine. eggs, fruit, omlette station, traditional costa rican breakfast options, as well yogurt, breads, cheeses. The restaurants were average to above average. Our favorite was El Bocadillo. During the day they served fresh pizzas, sandwiches and salads. In the evening the menu changed to an assortment of black angus beef options as well as fish. The liquor was not top shelf,and if you wanted the Costa Rican beer Imperial you needed to ask for it, otherwise you were given a Mexican beer.
Service: everyone was extremely friendly and willing to help.
Don't forget; kayaks are free but not well publicized. We also enjoyed the bike tour offered by the Hilton, but dont forget to reserve a spot the day before. Wireless internet in the lobby is free and speedy. Also, there is no ATM on the property, the closest ATM is 20 minutes by car so plan accordingly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a bay surrounded by the Pacific Ocean at the Gulf of Papagayo in Guanacaste, our resort is the perfect place to let your worries drift away. The magnificent view of the tranquil waters, the surrounding lush tropical gardens and abundant wildlife will make you experience the true Costa Rican feel.This magical all-inclusive resort also offers:- Convenient location, only 20 minutes from the Liberia International Airport- Large property but with an intimate atmosphere and feel- New all inclusive concept with boutique-style service without the need of bracelets or towel cards and no limit in à la carte dining. - Private beach feel with calm tides year round- Casita-style bungalows perched hillside overlooking the bay. - World-class Spa offering full range of traditional and exotic treatments in a Costa Rican – inspired natural ambiance- Unforgettable setting for Honeymoons and Weddings - Venues which add a local flair to your meetings, incentives and other social gatherings.- Just minutes away from major local attractions, National Parks and beaches ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort And Spa
- Fiesta Premier Costa Rica
- Hilton Gulf Of Papagayo
- Gulf Of Papagayo Hilton
- Fiesta Resort Costa Rica
- Fiesta Premier Resort Spa Costa Rica