My boyfriend and I just got back from a week-long stay at the Hilton Papagayo Resort and absolutely LOVED it. From the beautiful views to the helpful staff and great food, we had a relaxing and unforgettable vacation. It was our first time to Costa Rica and first time staying at an all inclusive resort but we are loyal Hilton patrons and decided to give this place a try and it was well worth it! We can't wait to go back. Here are a few things about the resort:
We would highly recommend, depending on what you prefer, to request staying in rooms in the lower 100s area. We had a great view AND were only 3 bungalows away from the main pool. The resort is very large and if you are staying up in the 400s (which does also have a spectacular view of the bay), you need to call the 24-hour shuttle to take you to and from the pool because of the hike. Our room was very clean and the housekeeper even made a different towel animal to sit on our bed everyday. We definitely were happy with where our bungalow was located so we could come and go from the pool and most of the food whenever we wanted.
Speaking of food, you can’t really go wrong. It was actually pretty good, especially for all-inclusive food. MAKE RESERVATIONS at the restaurants that require them as early as possible. Our favorite places for dinner were the Italian restaurant (it is by the spa) and then El Bocadillo, which is right by the main pool –- both require reservations. And always try the dessert!
Most everyone speaks English (except the driver from the airport – we booked the shuttle service thru the hotel to and from the airport and it was efficient) and are also SUPER friendly and helpful. The drinks as the bar are made very well and rather strong for an all-inclusive property, we thought. The Howler Monkey, Papagayo Bay, and Mojitos were delicious!
All the activities seemed fun and there were tons to choose from. We absolutely LOVED the sunset cruise on Friday night. It was so peaceful and the views were spectacular and we saw dolphins, etc. It was only $70 per person from the Divers shop right in the hotel. Ziplining was a blast as well. We did the half-day package for $50 a person and it was fun and just the right amount of time, in our opinion. We also did a hot rocks massage for 90-minutes and it was incredibly relaxing and worth the price! As Hilton Honors members, you got a 15% discount at the spa there.
And a tip we learned the hard way -- Absolutely wear bug spray at ALL TIMES! They sell it at the gift shop and it will come in handy – we got eaten alive by bugs our first day there. And also, watch out for the huge iguana. It lives near the pool and it LOVES bananas. Seriously, don’t bring any bananas by the pool. It bit a lady with one and then jumped up on a table where another lady had one. It seems pretty harmless except when there are bananas around.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort And Spa
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Hotel
- Fiesta Premier Costa Rica
- Fiesta Premier Resort Spa
- Hilton Gulf Of Papagayo
- Gulf Of Papagayo Hilton
- Fiesta Resort Costa Rica
- Fiesta Premier Resort Spa Costa Rica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a bay surrounded by the Pacific Ocean at the Gulf of Papagayo in Guanacaste, our resort is the perfect place to let your worries drift away. The magnificent view of the tranquil waters, the surrounding lush tropical gardens and abundant wildlife will make you experience the true Costa Rican feel.This magical all-inclusive resort also offers:- Convenient location, only 20 minutes from the Liberia International Airport- Large property but with an intimate atmosphere and feel- New all inclusive concept with boutique-style service without the need of bracelets or towel cards and no limit in à la carte dining. - Private beach feel with calm tides year round- Casita-style bungalows perched hillside overlooking the bay. - World-class Spa offering full range of traditional and exotic treatments in a Costa Rican – inspired natural ambiance- Unforgettable setting for Honeymoons and Weddings - Venues which add a local flair to your meetings, incentives and other social gatherings.- Just minutes away from major local attractions, National Parks and beaches ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Agoda, Olotels, Priceline, Venere, Tingo, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.