We did an Apple Vacation with 4 other couples to this resort. We had a very enjoyable flight on Frontier Airlines and when we got to the resort the fun kept happening. Check in took a little over an hour for four couples, but the fifth couple had a little over two hours before getting into their room. The rooms are duplexes on the side of the hill overlooking the gulf of papagayo. The main view is the trees and jungle surrounding the resort, very few rooms see the water. There were rooms at the top of the hill, hotel style, that looked down on the water.
All-inclusive, Food and drink were very good. Buffet available every meal, lunch and supper there were three restaurants that you could order from a menu. We found all three very good.
The only disappointment was the beach, black sand and in the shade early and late in the day. Pool is the main draw and it was nice. Sometimes during the day the wait at the pool for drinks was longer than we liked and we would walk the 75 feet to the bar and order our own. Then you would have the problem of two fisted drinking in about 5-10 minutes.
Scuba, golf, fishing and many tours available. Ziplines through the rain forest, river tour where wild monkeys came on the boat and ate from your hands, deep sea fishing, trips to beach towns and scuba diving were all done by our group.
It was very fun but for me it was not the trip I expected. The scuba was so-so and there were not many others diving so my dive day was only one. Even then there were only 3 of us and on the first dive one of the divers never got underwater. Viz was 30 feet and no coral, but there were an over abundance of puffers. Saw one of the largest green moray eels I have ever seen anywhere. Several Manta Rays and many other fish. Would not reccomend the diving. Better in the Caribbean.
We did a half day deep sea fishing charter and the wind was at 80 kph and the waves were large. The first 3 hours of our excursion we spent drinking down the cost of the day. We did see some dolphins swim in front fo the boat. On the way back to the resort we came upon some black tuna chasing baitfish. In about 40 minutes all five of us boated a fish and that made for a successful trip. January is not the time to go fishing there!!!
The river trip is a must and we booked that through the resort.
Two of the couples took a cab to Tamarindo and the had a great day shopping and laying on a white sand beach. I don't go on vacation to shop so this was my dive day.
Like I said before the beach at the resort was a disapointment. Sand fleas were not too bad but three of the six days jellies on the beach made it impossible to get in the water. The water temp was also a chilly 74 deg. f. My wife likes to snorkel and after the first day there was not much excitement seeing hundreds of puffers.
If you want to sit by the pool and take advantage of the all-inclusive food and drink this is a very quaint resort and not crowded even when full. If you are wanting excitement this is not the place, but it is one of the few all-inclusives in the area. I would go back and stay at a condo or hotel in Tamarindo or near the Volcano in the rain forest before returning here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a bay surrounded by the Pacific Ocean at the Gulf of Papagayo in Guanacaste, our resort is the perfect place to let your worries drift away. The magnificent view of the tranquil waters, the surrounding lush tropical gardens and abundant wildlife will make you experience the true Costa Rican feel.This magical all-inclusive resort also offers:- Convenient location, only 20 minutes from the Liberia International Airport- Large property but with an intimate atmosphere and feel- New all inclusive concept with boutique-style service without the need of bracelets or towel cards and no limit in à la carte dining. - Private beach feel with calm tides year round- Casita-style bungalows perched hillside overlooking the bay. - World-class Spa offering full range of traditional and exotic treatments in a Costa Rican – inspired natural ambiance- Unforgettable setting for Honeymoons and Weddings - Venues which add a local flair to your meetings, incentives and other social gatherings.- Just minutes away from major local attractions, National Parks and beaches ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort And Spa
- Fiesta Premier Costa Rica
- Hilton Gulf Of Papagayo
- Gulf Of Papagayo Hilton
- Fiesta Resort Costa Rica
- Fiesta Premier Resort Spa Costa Rica