My family of four spent the week before Christmas at the Hilton and had a wonderful time. We rented two bungalow rooms (225,226)which had a connecting door. The two rooms made up one free standing unit overlooking the ocean. It was an ideal setup for our family. The rooms were very clean, but small and the bathrooms needed new tubs.
The food was good, not great, but better than I expected. I loved the Italian restaurant and El Dorado. The service was really good and so friendly. Warning: the mojitos are quite addictive. The white wine was really bad. We usually sat by the beach near the main pool and never had a problem getting a chair with an umbrella during this very busy week.
Make sure you walk the trails, I saw monkeys on the trail by the Reception area and a great spot for photos on the trail by the spa.
We did a number of excursions thru Issy's ... went on a jet ski snorkel tour and snorkel boat tour which were both really nice. Also took the tour to Palo Verde the adults loved it, but the boys were bored rather quickly. We saw boa constrictors, lots of iguanas, crocs and fed some friendly white-faced monkeys.
We rented a car thru Alamo and went ziplining in Borinquin which was wonderful. It's a rough road to drive and it might be better to take the tour there. Especially if you can't get a 4x4.
The worst part for us were the mosquitoes. I think they were attracted to my Cutters. Although we never saw a mosquito, they enjoyed all of us but my youngest son who didn't get a single bite!
I would certainly go back and stay in the same rooms. I'd take another bug spray though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a bay surrounded by the Pacific Ocean at the Gulf of Papagayo in Guanacaste, our resort is the perfect place to let your worries drift away. The magnificent view of the tranquil waters, the surrounding lush tropical gardens and abundant wildlife will make you experience the true Costa Rican feel.This magical all-inclusive resort also offers:- Convenient location, only 20 minutes from the Liberia International Airport- Large property but with an intimate atmosphere and feel- New all inclusive concept with boutique-style service without the need of bracelets or towel cards and no limit in à la carte dining. - Private beach feel with calm tides year round- Casita-style bungalows perched hillside overlooking the bay. - World-class Spa offering full range of traditional and exotic treatments in a Costa Rican – inspired natural ambiance- Unforgettable setting for Honeymoons and Weddings - Venues which add a local flair to your meetings, incentives and other social gatherings.- Just minutes away from major local attractions, National Parks and beaches ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Hilton Papagayo Costa Rica Resort And Spa
- Fiesta Premier Costa Rica
- Hilton Gulf Of Papagayo
- Gulf Of Papagayo Hilton
- Fiesta Resort Costa Rica
- Fiesta Premier Resort Spa Costa Rica