Our group travels out of the country at lead twice a year so we are no stranger to resorts and what expectations are reasonable. First of all I am extremely surprised that Occidental would even associate their name with a resort that has such terrible quality of food. If you choose this resort I would NOT recommend the Italian Restaurant it was terrible.
The rest of the week wasn't much better as they closed all of the restaurants and only allowed you to eat Italian three of the seven nights we were there.
Warren and Anythony are just a couple of the amazing staff who are gracious, caring, and eager to make your stay worthwhile. I would say if it had not been for the unbeliveable great staff out week would have been a total loss. The pool is beautiful and large with plenty of space to move around.
Sea urchins all over the ocean so without water shoes you can't swim there. One lady in our group stepped on them twice and had to go to the doctor to have the sharp needles removed.
Just a word for those of you researching to make sure you look at your options before choosing here.
- Also Known As:
- Allegro Papagayo Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Allegro Papagayo Hotel
- Occidental Allegro Papagayo
- Allegro Papagayo Costa Rica
- Allegro Papagayo Gulf Of
- Allegro Papagayo Occidental
- Costa Rica Occidental
- Occidental Papagayo
- Allegro Papagayo Resort
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Allegro Papagayo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.