“Don't miss it” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
madison
“Don't miss it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This resort was VERY comfortable and sits in a beautiful setting. The fishing was amazing, as was the food. You can expect lively bartenders, polite servers and administrative staff that will bend over backwards for you. Our room couldn't have been more perfect. It was a wonderful trip, and considering how often we travel, I can say with confidence it's one of the best I've been lucky enough to experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a villa close to the beach, although they all really are!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed at Belizean Dreams (BD) and purchased their seven-night honeymoon package. It was incredible! The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating throughout our stay. Our room was clean and spacious and beautifully decorated. We could see the beach from each room (we had a bedroom and a living room with a full kitchen. We were steps away from the beach. The atmosphere around the resort was very relaxing. We liked that there were separate villas and that it was very quaint/small. We went in the off season, so it wasn't crowded at all. This was perfect for us. The food was overall very good. People actually came to BD from nearby resorts to eat because of the quality/variety of the food. Breakfast was my favorite!

Four 'adventures' were included in our package, but we only went on three because we just wanted to relax. Snorkeling was one of our favorite activities. They took us to their sister resort 'Coco Plum' to eat lunch and it was more beautiful/pristine than any place I'd ever seen before. The water was clear and the most amazing turquoise color! It was just out of a guidebook. Visiting Mayan ruins was another awesome trip. It took nearly all day, because the roads/infrastructure are not very developed, but it was worth it. Our guide was great and very informative!

We really enjoyed our stay and hope to be back some day!!

Rolla, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I don’t even know how to begin to describe the outstanding experience that we had at Belizean Dreams. It far exceeded my expectations! The excellence began when I inquired (via email) about the honeymoon package, I had several questions and a couple special requests. Felipe responded quickly and answered all of my questions in a courteous and professional manner. Once we decided to book the trip and I provided my airline information, he made all of the arrangements for air and ground transportation once we were in Belize City. It made it very easy for us since I had no idea how to book transportation services within the country. When we arrived in Dangriga we were picked up at the airport by Brian. Brian was friendly & courteous and since he is a “country boy” from Arkansas; my husband and he hit it off right away. Once we arrived at the resort we were greeted by the office manager, Ed. He checked us in and showed us around the resort while Emory took our luggage to our suite. Ed was always available to answer questions and help us with any special requests. The property and the grounds were immaculate and beautifully landscaped. The view from our room (2A) was amazing! We loved the layout of the room and the beautiful tiled bathroom. The fact that we had our own separate entrance made it feel like we had our own private villa.
As we were un-packing and settling in Jose, the bartender delivered the “welcome drinks” to our suite. This is when we realized that we were going to be spending the week with some very amazing people. Jose was charming and welcoming right off the bat. He is the happiest person I have ever met. My husband and I instantly connected with him and developed a friendship that will last long after we leave the resort. And Jose makes the best pina colada’s in the world! I will never be able to drink one unless it’s made by Jose. He set the bar high on this one.
The staff are very accommodating and this is what makes this resort so phenomenal (along with the fantastic food and drink). Speaking of food, we got the inclusive package and I'm glad that we did because we got to try almost everything on the menu and I never had a meal I did not like. Chef Louis is probably the best chef in the entire country! The meals he prepared were out of this world! The first night I had the special (Beef Medallion), I could not stop talking about how wonderful that meal was, the flavor and tenderness of the steak was like nothing I have ever had. Every single meal thereafter was equally as amazing! I told Louis that I blame him for the 10+ lbs. that I probably gained during this trip, but it was worth it.
Every single person at this resort is dedicated to providing excellent service and they went above and beyond. I can’t even begin to name everyone that contributed to our fantastic honeymoon but I can honestly say that every single person we encountered was outstanding!They made this trip and our experience in Belize absolutely amazing. When we return to Belize (and we will return), the only place that we will ever stay will be Belizean Dreams. Thank you to everyone for making our honeymoon the trip of a lifetime!

Room Tip: We stayed in 2A and had an amazing view! In my opinion it is the best room but I don't think the...
U.S.A
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Wow what a great place, the one on one treatment is the best. Each person goes above and beyond what is required. If you want to be pampered this is the place. We had a medical emergency and they dropped everything to take us to the hospital and stayed with us until everything was ok. Highly recommend

Room Tip: choose the bottom rooms they have tv
San Clemente, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Belizean Dreams for six nights on the Honeymoon package. It was absolutely amazing! It was perfect for us. I would recommend it for anyone!

The hotel is located in a very small, non-developed area of Belize. I loved it because it feels very "untouched" and not over-developed like so many beach resort/honeymoon areas. It takes a little while to get there, but the hotel is extremely informative with any questions you may have and you're very well taken care of from the moment you arrive in Belize. We were worried because of a flight delay that we wouldn't make our connection on the small regional flight. No worries, because it was easily changed - no charge or hassle. There's not much to do in the town of Hopkins. We got a golf cart rental for the day and explored a bit. It was nice to get some of Belize's famous Marie Sharpe's hot sauce at the grocery store for much cheaper than anywhere else. We also picked up some local coconut rum and fresh juice for tasty in-the-room cocktails :)

The hotel is landscaped beautifully. There's lush tropical foliage, grass and beautiful coconut trees. The rooms are simple, but light, airy, cool & clean. I loved that there is no TV because it really allows you to "check out" and relax completely. The pool is gorgeous and so refreshing. It's right on the beach - which they keep very clean due to the high quantity of sea grass in the area. The water was almost too warm to be refreshing though!

We got an inclusive package so we didn't have to worry about food costs for the whole trip. It was really the best way to go. Their standard menu items are very good but I highly recommend getting the nightly special - it's always the most fresh & innovative item. We ordered it every night and were never disappointed! Oh and the chef is also excellent at desserts - YUM!! The inclusive package we bought only included about $25/day for anything from the bar (drinks & sodas). I have to admit we enjoy our nightly cocktails (it's vacation right?!) so we ended paying an extra $60 at checkout to cover the overages, but I think that's completely reasonable.

The excursions were amazing. We did the snorkeling/island hopping trip (fun, good snorkeling and it was awesome to explore Coco Plum Resort), the Mayan Ruin Tour to Xuantunich (one of the best travel experiences I've EVER had. SO WORTH IT!) and horseback riding (on the more difficult-side as far as trail rides go, but I've been riding my whole life so I thought it was incredible!). We were there for 6 days and so we spent 3 days lounging at the hotel and 3 days exploring Belize. I thought this was the perfect balance because we weren't too tired and we didn't get bored.

Probably the best part of the resort and Belize in general is the people. They are by far the most friendly, welcoming people. Everyone at the staff knew us by name, went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable and were the epitome of professional resort staff. I want to go back just to visit them! The bartenders Jose and Earvin were hilarious! The waitresses Bella and Liz were beyond amazing. The front desk manager Ed was wonderful. A huge thank you to everyone there for the amazing experience, it definitely would not have been the same without them! Plus we met so many great guests who were staying there too! It's definitely popular with the honeymooner crowd because at least half of the guests got married on the same day we did! haha

A few tips if you decide to go (which you should!):
-Bring bug spray! LOTS OF IT. It's in the jungle so it should be pretty common sense, but definitely put it on throughout the day and douse yourself in it if you go on any excursions.
-Bring lots of small bills (1's & 5's). All the prices are in Belizean dollars but they'll accept American dollars (exchange rate is fixed at 2 belize for 1 us $). However, they don't have change so you'll either have to buy WAY more stuff than you wanted or you'll end up with a pocket full of heavy dollar coins.
-Tip generously at the end of your stay. The staff totally deserves it! I would bring extra cash just for the gratuity at the end of the trip.

I could not say any more positive things about this resort. It's not a high-end super resort like you might find in the big cities, but you'll get a gorgeous, personal experience that's so far beyond the generic commercial resorts. I highly recommend it!!

Room Tip: Any room is fantastic. We stayed on the top floor which I thought had a better view.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I spent a little over 2 weeks in Belize for our honeymoon. We spent the first part on Caye Ambergris and rented a house on the island...and it was the best thing we could have done! We then rented a car on the mainland and drove down to Belizean Dreams for another 5 night stay...and it fell flat. The resort is nice, and our room was OK. But it wasn't what I was expecting for a honeymoon suite. The restaurant, pool and bar are tiny and way overpriced. The rooms don't have televisions (not a big deal for me, but my husband was really annoyed). On the website it says that you don't need a car, because they don't want you to leave the resort. If we hadn't had a car, we would have left the resort and found somewhere else to stay. It's about a 10-15 minute walk into town, and then another long and bumpy road (10 min drive) to get to the main freeway. We went into town for just about every meal...Tina's Kitchen is the place to eat! It's literally her kitchen, and it's SO GOOD, and so cheap. The internet didn't work either due to a storm...and they never fixed it.

All in all, it was OK, but not what we want to remember about Belize, but the rest of our trip was incredible and we'll be back!

Room Tip: If you get a room on the top (2 levels), they do not have televisions. If you get a house(bottom flo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Queens, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this wonderful establishment. The rooms are generously spacious with incredible views. This kitchen is advertised as a gourmet kitchen and It did not fall short of this description. We were able to cook for a family of six without any issues at all. The town is really close so supplies was easily available. The restaurant is also available and meals reasonably priced. The bar is located at the beachfront and has incredible views of the ocean and again, drinks were also reasonably priced. It would be unfair to compare this beach with that of San Pedro since there is no reef. However, as far a beach goes, the water is fantastic and the beachfront views are great. The staff are incredibly attentive and accommodating. Although the road in to the Hopkins area needs serious attention, once you are on the property, you forget the rough ride in. The pool is wonderfully kept and is located at front of the property close to the beachfront. My three days stay was extremely relaxing and I would certainly recommend this place if you are visiting the Hopkins area.

Room Tip: Try to get a room up front...the beach front Villas have a great view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Belizean Dreams? Share your experiences!