I write this review with divided loyalties. The staff at this hotel is wonderful - everyone is friendly, greets you with wide smiles and have such pleasant and gracious dispositions (although it seemed like practically everyone in Belize is like this!) The hotel itself leaves something to be desired. The resort features about 8 houses, which are divided into ground floor suites, with 2 bedrooms (each with an ensuite bathroom), a living room and a kitchen. On the top floor of each house is a one bedroom or honeymoon suite. I found the furnishings tired and the cleanliness of the suites left something to be desired. In fact, management moved us to a new suite after after admitting that it had asked us to occupy a suite that had not properly been cleaned after the previous users. Still, we had to spend one night in a smelly dirty suite and were not at all compensated for the inconvenience of having to live in a dirty suite or having to move. The food at the resort is also overpriced and not as tasty as at the neighbouring resorts (which are only 2 minute walks away).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small, intimate Belizean Owned and Managed Resort nestled on the coast of Hopkins Village, southern Belize. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Belizean Dreams reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belizean Dreams Hotel Hopkins
- Belizean Dreams Hotel Dangriga
- Belizean Dreams Dangriga
- Belizean Dreams Belize/Hopkins