We had an AWESOME time! Everything was coordinated well and went so smoothly. When we arrived in Belize, our local transfer to the resort was already arranged. We took a short flight to the local Dangriga Airport where the Resort Manager was waiting for us. We traveled by van to the resort and he gave us a history lesson of the country and various cities/villages. It was fascinating!
Upon arrival to the resort, we were greeted by Felipe who is extremely professional, organized and helpful. The room was nice and clean. It's set up like a house with a full kitchen, large bedroom, living room and deck. The view of the ocean was breathtaking. The wait staff and the bartenders are great, especially George, Hustus & Charles. Breakfast and lunch are really good. Be sure to try the fry jacks and omelets!
Unfortunately dinner was disappointing most nights. Things are either undercooked, overcooked or overseasoned. We ended up eating dinner in the village a couple of times. I highly recommend Driftwood Pizza. If you get a chance to go on a tour, check out Benny's Kitchen. It's definitely one of the best restaurants there!
Speaking of tours, check out the Mayan Ruins and the Monkey River trip. They are great! Meals are included on both tours, but take cash for souvenirs. Be sure to dress comfortably, take tennis shoes, sunblock and bug spray. Actually you need sunblock and bug spray if you plan to just hang out at the resort. It's not unbearable, but you will definitely regret it if you leave yours at home.
If you are looking to shop, I recommend waiting until you go on the tours. They have a large selection of items. The village is limited and some of the prices are inflated. If you want to purchase Marie Sharp's Hot Sauce, (which is a really good sauce in the country) the best prices are at the Asian Market in the village. Even if you don't buy anything, you should still go into the village just for the experience. The Village people are very friendly. Everyone waves at you and English is spoken widely so you don't have to worry about language barriers.
There are a few other resorts on the beach. If you are looking to get a massage or participate in other activities like snorkeling, horseback ridding, etc., be sure to check them out.
Overall this was an amazing trip! The people of Belize are great, the staff at the resort are stellar and the country is absolutely beautiful! Enjoy! We sure did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small, intimate Belizean Owned and Managed Resort nestled on the coast of Hopkins Village, southern Belize. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Belizean Dreams reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belizean Dreams Hotel Hopkins
- Belizean Dreams Hotel Dangriga
- Belizean Dreams Dangriga
- Belizean Dreams Belize/Hopkins