This is a great place for young kids. When we arrived at 12 noon they told us our room would be done in an hour and to go ahead and have our welcome drink, but when we checked at 1 pm, they said it would be another hour. Corrina, the manager came by to ask us how we were and we expressed displeasure about the extra hour- our kids were exhausted and we had been counting down the first hour! Corrina got it taken care of right away. In addition, we really wanted to take the snorkeling trip but we were worried about going out with a large group with our 4 and 10 month old. The resort set us up on our own snorkel tour so we could take things at our own pace, and they charged us the same price as the group tour. Wonderful! Food was also great for our little ones, they were very accommodating towards our needs for our kids meals.
The only suggestion Id have is, for the resort to have more connection with the town of Hopkins- the first day they had Garifuna drumming which was great, and the drummers even were letting guests try the drums. I wish they would have had this more often since Hopkins has such a strong drumming community. I think they only had the drumming the first day we were there because it was Garifuna settlemnt day. Any other ways the resort can help their guests learn about the history and culture of Hopkins would be great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awarded Hotel of the Year in 2010, our superb beach location with custom designed rooms providing more than 20 different choices, from honeymoon casitas to family suites, wonderful private wedding locations and a long golden beach that stretches for miles. Our guests say our biggest treasures are our warm and friendly staff, and our superb guides who will take you to explore the reef and Cockscombe basin Jaguar Preserve, plus Mayan and Garifuna cultures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Almond Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Almond Beach Hotel Hopkins
- Almond Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Almond Beach Resort Belize/Hopkins