“The best SCUBA and more vacation ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopkins
Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort
You added Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort to your Saves list
Hopkins/Sittee River Road | Hopkins Village, Hopkins, Belize   |
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hopkins
Portland, OR
“The best SCUBA and more vacation ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2008

We booked our SCUBA vacation via PADA travel service. At the small airport we were picked up by the very friendly driver who made the 45 minute ride to Hamanasi an informative tour giving us history and insights into the Belize, the people, and the small town of Hopkins. We were met by Lionel who gave us a refreshing drink and orientation. Our room was beautiful, comfortable, and we woke up to a beautiful view of the sea at 7:00 am. Off to SCUBA at 8:00 am with fantastic DiveMasters, Sea Dog, Brace, Sam I am, Ka Mally . . . All were knowledgeable, safe, and entertaining. Brace was my wife's favorite and Sea Dog mine. Although all rated at the top of any DiveMasters we have ever had. We met many other divers and by the end of the week the staff pushed tables together so our group became a banquet. Speaking of dinner and lunch and breakfast, the food here is fantastic. I am vegetarian and the entire staff made sure I was happy. They even had a special lunch for me on the longer dive trips. Jan, one of the directors was just great. We loved the Bartender, King. We saw him several times around the small town of Hopkins when he was off duty. The inland kayak trip was fun and many other guests gave high marks to the inland trips, such as ATM and Cave Tubing. We spent most of our days SCUBA diving. Diving the Blue Hole down to 130 ft was a highlight for us. The Staff really make this resort. Each of them new our name by the first day and everyone greeted us by name and exceeded all of our expectations and needs. I have long hair, so Stephanie arranged for me to get braids to keep it out of the SCUBA equipment. Our wake up call was a friendly knock on the door--no phones, and no TV. We did not miss either. The gift shop was nice. But we enjoyed going into Hopkins on a 6 seater golf cart. Others said biking into town was also fun. My wife drove the golf cart with us as back seat drivers! We loved the shop Sew Much Hemp. Get her bug lotion and you will avoid the sand flies. At night we went to town using the Hamanasi van. They came promptly at the agreed upon time. When we said we needed another hour to listen to drumming and dancing the returned promptly in 1 hour. This is truly an amazing resort for SCUBA divers and other adventure seekers. We met a couple who did not SCUBA and they had equally high reviews for their inland hikes, cave tubing, bird watching, etc. Driver, Golden took us back to the airport again giving us an inside picture of life in Hopkins and Belize. He even showed us his house. This is a one of a kind resort and we will be back.

• Liked — The Staff, The SCUBA experience, The food, The friends we met
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2008

I spent 12 days at Hamanasi and enjoyed every minute of it except the bug bites at the Jaguar Jungle and thereafter. .If you are allergic to bites you must cover yourself with long pants and sleeves even after covering with deet or a better repellent. The sand flies are pernicious when the wind is still. Having warned about the worst, the place is a paradise full of birds, great snorkeling, caving, jungle adventures and great nature walks, The resort is full of helpful, catering personnel which make things happen. The facilities are six star and they offer perks like massage in your room by a very accomplished masseuse. I recommend one massage upon arrival and one before you leave to make your plane return easier. I recommend the all inclusive plan with their deliciously prepared food. The guides are sensitive to special needs and the vans used for transportation are very clean and in good working order. Enjoy Hamanasi if you want a carefree vacation in Belize.

Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2008

Second time at Hamanasi and we’ll likely return yet again. Good to great dive locations, superb dive staff.
Inland tours are interesting and educational. A tough choice versus diving if you’re a dive addict!
Even the simple bicycle ride into nearby Hopkins was a treat.
A terrific location and opportunity for romance, just the two of you. Very relaxed and quiet, but just what we look for.
A very close, intimate resort with other guests enjoying the same daily activities (diving, tours, meals). You will make friends.
A completely hassle free time. All transfers without a hitch. Everything exactly as planned.
Meals are a delight. Look forward every night to the chef’s creations.
We’ve done October and January. Weather was better in January.

• Liked — Scuba diving and service
NEW HAMPSHIRE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2008

We spent a week at the Hamanasi Resort in Hopkins, Belize. The staff could not have been more cooperative and attended to our every need! Even though we are not divers, the adventure packages kept us as busy as we wanted to be.....even in rainy season. The grounds are lovely, the rooms are well maintained, and the food is delicious. Evening menus are rotated every 8 days, so you don't get tired of the same old thing. Dress is casual and the laundry service is efficient, so there is no need to over pack. Bring your bug spray and plenty of high level sun protection. Be sure to take the guided tour of Hopkins with Golden soon after you arrive. He brings the village alive and enhances the rest of your stay in the area. Bike into the village and try the bitters at King Casavas. Eat at the North Beach. Go horse back riding in the rain forest with Michelle. Please consider bringing donations for the dogs of the village like flea collars. The resort can see that they get to the right place for distribution. We'd certainly go back. Enjoy :-)

• Liked — The Staff
  • Disliked — The outdoor bugs
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
West Hartford, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2008

This is one resort that my husband and I will return to! Our room was spacious and immaculate; the grounds were lovely. We purchased a package that included meals, so I can say with certainty that the food was of a very high caliber. (The chef gave me his recipe for key lime pie -- I can't wait to try it.) The staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful, and I believe their niceness was genuine. The resort is a little remote and the comfortable rooms (airconditioned) don't have TVs or phones. We are active sixty-somethings and liked the "away-from-it-all" ambience. The other guests included honeymooners and young families. All were friendly, considerate and outdoorsy. I would recommend Hamanasi to anyone who wants a get-away-from-it-all vacation. By the way, my husband is a diver, and he had the best dive of his life at Hamanasi. As for me, I had never gone birding before, but at Hamanasi, I tried it for the first time and discovered a new hobby.

• Liked — Great activities, helpful staff, very good food, immaculately clean
  • Disliked — It can be rainy in Central America. This has nothing to do with the accommodation.
Canton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2008

My wife and I selected Hamanasi as the destination to celebrate our 5th anniversary. From pictures here and on the website, our expectations were pretty high. Our expectations were totally blown out of the water though.

We arrived and after a short connecting flight, were met at the airport by one of Hamanasi's friendly drivers. He kept us entertained with interesting information about Belize and the areas we were traveling through. Our check in was quick and laid back. We ate some lunch and were then shown to our treehouse, where our bags were waiting for us.

We then spent 5 of the most relaxing days of our lives. The pool area and beach were well kept and clean. We went snorkeling one day and had a great time. We also took the Mayan ruins tour. It was very informative and a nice change to get away from the resort for a day.

The food was far beyond anything I expected. My wife is a vegetarian and the staff went above and beyond providing many options for her. They even had dairy-free options, like soy ice cream. There were great seafood options every night, which is what I was interested in.

Our treehouse room was exquisite. We spent alot of time reading on our porch, 12 feet off the ground in the treetops. Birds were everywhere. The room was nicely decorated, with a big canopy bed, couch, and amoire. The bathroom was very large, with a huge shower and skylight.

The staff was friendly, and most of them knew our names by the second day. They made everything easy and convenient.

Our visit to Hamanasi is going to be a vacation we'll remember for the rest of our lives. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a nice getaway from the rat race. You will not be disappointed.

• Liked — Great place to relax
  • Disliked — Nothing
Little Rock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2008

We have just returned from the most pleasurable week at Hamanasi.
The resort is so comfortable, and the staff never tired of providing personalized service.
Opportunities for fun and adventure were always available, but more importantly I felt
like rest-and-relaxation was the real treat.
Don't take this the wrong way. I went scuba diving every day except for one (more on that).
Then after a great lunch, my wife and I would have an afternoon adventure, too. Horseback riding through the
rainforest, souvenir hunting in Hopkins village, kayaking on the rivers of the Stann Creek district,
birdwatching, and home in time for dinner - and dinner was always outstanding with something unique available.
An early start every morning with coffee on the veranda, breakfast was always prepared with a choice of fresh fruits and eggs and bacon,
before meeting at the dock for a trip to the southern barrier reef. Our boat captain, dive master and mate
always made sure we were prepared for the dive, and then they provided a wonderful guided tour along the walls and
reefs. Goliath groupers, turtles, eagle rays, moray eels and even batfish were found around every bend,
all in a scene of giant barrel sponges with other sponges and corals of every shape and color drifting along.
The one day I didn't dive, my wife arranged our Magical Mayan Tour. Hamanasi provided a van and tour guide
for our small party. This excursion traveled through the country so diverse with peoples, cultures, citrus groves,
and rain forests and took us to 2 wondeful Mayan archeological zones. We felt like we had whole deserted cities
with towering citadels to explore on our own. This ranked as one of our most enjoyable vacations, I'd like to
celebrate our 30th next year with Hamanasi.

• Liked — Roomy, comfortable, balcony
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!