“What a holiday!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopkins
Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort
You added Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort to your Saves list
Hopkins/Sittee River Road | Hopkins Village, Hopkins, Belize   |
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hopkins
“What a holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

First time to Belize, but we knew that Ambergris Kay was not for us--my husband doesn't like the water (islands are out) and none of us like crowds. Hamanasi offered a quiet location, but still with a beautiful beach and plenty of diving and snorkelling opportunities. Plus they offer a variety of interesting inland tours that highlight the nature and cultural wonders of the country. The accommodation was comfortable, food great, atmosphere friendly and quiet (but still sociable), and surroundings sublime. And they take care of you--a totally relaxing, stress-free, but still interesting and, if you want, physically challenging vacation. Great for families or couples (but not the party crowd).

Room Tip: Tree houses are larger and on stilts to put them at tree level; we had beachfront next to the lodge...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We travelled January 2013 but it wouldn't let me go back that far in the options; we booked the treehouse for our honeymoon for a week stay. Amazing! The tours we got to do were picturesque and fun, super friendly with knowledgable guides. Every part of our stay from the food to the rooms was personalized just for us and made us feel super welcome. The treehouse was well worth the price, little piece of paradise. Much much better then every expected and we plan to go again in the future, maybe for our ten year anniversary:)

Room Tip: The treehouses are super private and it's fun to be up in the trees!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I was in search of amazing diving at a world class resort and I found it in Hamanasi Resort. The Tree House Rooms are absolutely the way to go if you're going to stay here. It was very special, comfortable and had great attention to detail. The staff at Hamanasi are some of the friendliest I have met at any hotel. You leave there feeling like you're a good friend or even family. I also found the food to be very good.

When it came to diving, Hamanasi does not disappoint. Gary Ball does any excellent job running the dive program. I saw rays, sharks and turtles while diving there. The water was warm and the visibility was excellent.

The only reason why I didn't give this 5-stars are a few minor points mostly out of their control. The beach is nice but not a top tier beach. Although I loved the meals overall, they were more 4-star versus 5-star. Also, internet is always a challenge in Belize but Hamanasi doesn't offer it in any of their rooms, just the main house which was also spotty. Finally, there's no gym there which I think is a necessity these days for a 5-star rating.

This is certainly an amazing option in Belize and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. It's ideal for couples but I think most people would be comfortable there due to the 5-star staff.

Room Tip: The Tree House is really the best option, you won't be disappointed. If you're going to inv...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

This was our first trip to Belize, and I wanted to find something with both beach and jungle. Trip Advisor steered me toward Hamanasi for a small, uncrowded all-inclusive with lovely rooms, a friendly staff, and good adventures. (Don't be put off by the out-of-date website … it simply doesn't do the place justice, and Karina, the manager, says they're in the process of creating a new one.) We LOVED our stay here. My husband, daughter (age 13, adventurous), son (age 9), and I stayed in a Deluxe Treehouse (#25 has a king, and they set up two beds in the large "living room" which still left plenty of space; see pictures) with it's hammock, balcony, kitchenette and fridge, huge bathroom, and AC (which we needed; it was sultry, especially later in the week). All the transfers went exactly as advertised--we reached Belize City, were taken right to the Maya Air counter, where our tickets were waiting for our puddle-jump flight to Dangriga; we were met there by our driver and an AC van and taken straight to Hamanasi, where we were greeted by name (by RoseMary) and taken to our room. I appreciate that this place makes efforts to be eco-friendly. Every guest gets a metal refillable waterbottle (there's purified water jugs in the room) and there are no plastic bottles for shampoos or conditioner or lotion--everything is put in cute little vats and refilled daily. Dinner was delicious--fresh snapper for me, and DO NOT miss the Caye Lime Pie if you like that kind of pie. Mark, the bartender, is charming and has all kinds of fun games and bar tricks to keep children entertained. There's also Yahtzee, chess, Monopoly, etc. in the lounge. We took advantage of several of the adventures included in the package: a snorkel trip, the in-land cave trip, and the Mayflower jungle hike to the waterfall and swimming pool (yes, it's a pretty solid hike; 80 staircases according to my FitBit). However, there are also (not on website info) about 8 other excursions that can be arranged that are not included in the package (Tikal, which some friends did and said was absolutely amazing; a single-day SCUBA program to allow newbies to do a 40-foot dive in the afternoon; horseback riding; river tours, etc.). My husband and son took two fishing trips with local guides, which was not luxurious but was tons of fun; they caught about 50 fish, some of which they brought back and the kitchen grilled for us for dinner, no charge. My daughter and I went waterfall rappelling, which was a bit scary for me, but I felt very very safe with the guides. Things I wish I had known: they do laundry pretty cheaply ($1 for a t-shirt, $1.50 for shorts), and I might have done a carry-on. I wish I'd known that though the first half of the trip had virtually no bugs, as it got hotter toward the end of the week, it got more buggy, even on the beach, and we got nibbled our last day (we'd gotten very lax with the bug spray). I wish we had known the full range of activity options and that we had gone to Tikal. (We were supposed to do the Mayan ruins on Friday, which were very good, we heard, but my daughter had a bad cold and we had to cancel.) I'm glad I didn't bother to bring snorkel gear because theirs was just fine and they wash it with detergent before you get it. I'm also glad we went when we did, March 22-29, as it seems to be getting hotter, and we had perfect weather … 70s to 80s, with no rain during the day at all. The one down side: the Internet in the lobby works (there's no internet, phone, or tv in the room, though there is a docking station for music) but it is very slow and a bit unsteady. We could get mail but couldn't open large attachments reliably.

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms (#8) do face the water, but they're also close to the main house where dinner i...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

My husband and I loved everything about Hamanasi! The environment is beautiful and not crowded. The staff members at Hamanasi are very sweet and attentive. The food is delicious and fresh! We enjoyed some of the adventures, especially enjoyed the Mayan ruins tour and the Mayflower hike.The guides were kind and knowledgeable. There was also a sense of community with the other guests which we really enjoyed. Very interesting people and well traveled. We truly were rejuvenated by staying at Hamanasi and would recommend it to absolutely anyone!

Room Tip: We loved our room on the beach on the second floor, private and you could see the water.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

This was my first trip to Belize. The land, ocean, jungles and experiences were all wonderful. We stayed at Hamanasi Resort, and it could not have been better. The staff was so gracious and genuinely friendly. They learned our names the first day, and called us by them in greetings each day. The resort itself is beautiful, and extremely well maintained. They are an eco-friendly resort, and take great pride in that fact. The staff that lead the adventures were incredible. Very knowledgeable in their areas. They were very precise, and I felt like I was in good, safe hands on each outing. The dinner menu changes every day, the food was delicious. We toured the gardens on our last day ( don't miss them, but do wear bug spray!) As we walked into the garden the chef was walking out after selecting that nights ingredients! WONDERFUL stay.

Room Tip: We had an ocean facing room, the tree rooms looked great too, but I'm guessing the ocean rooms h...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Fallbrook, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We traveled to Hamanasi in November 2013 and I have to say it was the best vacation I've had in a really long time. From the moment you book your reservation with the agents (I highly recommend booking your airfare and trip insurance through them. Very simple and comprehensive), to the moment you touch down in Belize, they are helping you every step of the way. You are given detailed instructions on what to expect with your travel plans, how to pack, adventures you can take etc. We stayed in the beach house room 1 and it was wonderful! They had the bed decorated with flowers and a special welcome message for my husband and I. Everyone makes a point to know your name, get to know you and make you feel welcome. The trips were very well organized and even when I wanted to make a last minute change in plans (I changed plans 5 minutes before the waterfall hike departure), they were accommodating and switched my adventure without a problem. This was also my husbands first real dive trip and they made him feel like a natural. Very encouraging and helpful to make sure he was safe, but he also got to experience everything he wanted. I had my birthday while here and they had a special birthday dinner for me! This is a magical place and we will be coming back. I don't think I'll ever need to look for another resort to stay at. You can experience all Belize has to offer from this resort.

Room Tip: I don't think you could pick a bad room!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!