“I had my wedding and honeymoon here and it was perfect.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopkins
Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort
You added Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort to your Saves list
Hopkins/Sittee River Road | Hopkins Village, Hopkins, Belize   |
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hopkins
Springdale, Utah
“I had my wedding and honeymoon here and it was perfect.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This place is extraordinary. I had my wedding and honeymoon here and it was perfect. From the scenery to the trips to the staff, every detail was perfect. I never like to go to the same place twice for vacation, but I will be sure to come back here for an anniversary.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My recent trip to Hamanasi was my first to a beach resort, and I'm not sure I'll ever be able to go to a different one, because it would have a hard time beating Hamanasi. I don't mean to simply parrot other reviews...but I really can't say enough good about Hamanasi. The grounds and location are stunning. I sent pictures of my view to people and they rightly said it looked fake - like a painted backdrop of a tropical scene. That's what a lot of the resort looks like: like what you imagine a beautiful tropical resort might be like, before you're inevitably disappointed with the reality. But Hamanasi actually lives up to expectations.

I had tried to get a treehouse, but they were mostly booked when I made my reservation. That was one of the luckiest things to happen - I ended up in a fantastic beachfront room. The beachfront rooms have a constant cooling breeze, the lulling sound of the ocean, and lovely views. You can (and I did) spend a fair amount of time just lounging on your balcony or napping in your hammock. My last night was spent in one of the tree houses. I'm glad I had the opportunity, but I much preferred the beachfront room. I did get to see some interesting wildlife, hear the birds, and really feel like I was in the jungle, but there is no breeze so you're forced to have the air conditioning on, and there are a fair amount of bugs so I didn't feel as comfortable hanging out on the porch. The tree houses do have a few additional luxuries: coffee and tea facilities, bathrobes, those sorts of little touches, but it wasn't enough to make me prefer them. Regardless which type of room you choose, though, they are immaculately clean and really nicely decorated. There are no tvs and no wireless access in the rooms, which is awesome. The beds were very comfortable and I slept like the dead every night I was there.

As many other people have noted, the staff is incredibly nice and helpful. They make a point to address everyone by name, are attentive without being obtrusive, and really try to make things as easy as possible for you. I took only one tour (since I was more interested in doing nothing during the four days I had there), a hike to a waterfall in the jungle. The guide was great - very knowledgeable about the area and the flora and fauna, sensitive to everyone's different physical abilities, and extremely friendly. Both drivers I had (to and from the airstrip) were also very pleasant, sharing information about the area and life there.

The facilities are more than adequate - the pool is not large but perfectly sufficient. The beach is lovely, with nice chairs sprinkled around. Plenty of towels are available for both. The restaurant was good, with local seafood the definite stand-out on the menu; over five days I had hardly any dishes I wouldn't choose again. Though I didn't dive, other guests spoke very highly of the experience. I look forward to going back and trying some of the other tours. And I definitely do plan to return to Hamanasi. I've never had such a relaxing vacation.

I will say the location and vibe is probably not for everyone. It is very quiet and fairly remote. There aren't bars and clubs and casinos and a lot of restaurants. Hamanasi is a small resort outside a small town that isn't really developed for a tourist trade. I think I was asleep by ten pm every night, and one of the bartenders told me he thought there'd been a shift in clientele the past few years to people who weren't too interested in going out at night, or even hanging out at the bar after dinner. It is QUIET. I loved it, but that may not be for everyone.

I would also really encourage anyone visiting Hamanasi to take note of the charitable work the resort is involved in (both with the local schools and the local animal shelter) and participate if you can. The resort itself is a lovely fantasy, but you can't ignore the surrounding poverty of the Belizean people.

Room Tip: If you're interested in the jungle and wildlife, choose a treehouse. If you prefer direct beach...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I spent a week at Hamanasi with my 20 year old son. The experience from start to finish was amazing. I have traveled all over the world and this was one of my top vacations. The staff is unbelievable. They immediately take the time to know your name, your likes, any needs and are very accommodating. Food is exceptional in quality and variety. We stayed in one of the treehouses and it was quiet, relaxing and beautiful. The offer a wide range of excursions. Each one we took was well planned and executed. We always felt like we were the only ones on the outings, not herded like some other excursions we have been on. I highly recommend this resort to anyone, any age. Families, couples or singles. Outstanding.

But do keep in mind that this is a remote location and there is no night life but we were always so tired from all the activities, it was not a problem.

Room Tip: Tree houses are amazing
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

To put it simply- Hamanasi is paradise at it's best. The service is second to none, the food is fantastic, the accomodations are spacious and turn down service is amazing. We stayed in a Treehouse and felt like we had our own little oasis. We got married here on New Year's Eve and they worked with us to put together exactly the wedding we wanted. To put it simply- they don't know how to say no at this resort. The adventure's are also plentiful and there is something for everyone. From a light hike and bird watching to quite a steep and challenging climb to the top of a waterfall for a swim. The diving and snorkeling are beautiful and again for every level.
We can't wait to go back for our anniversary.

Room Tip: Pick the Treehouse!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We recently spent a week at Hamanasi. We are two divorced women with teenagers who were looking for a relaxing, exciting, cultural and exotic spot for us and our kids. Well we found it at Hamanasi.
The resort is able to tailor the experience to all types of individuals and families. Whether traveling alone, with kids, or a couple, Hamanasi delivers a fun filled, exciting vacation. We left wanting to book our next vacation before our plane even took off for home!
The food is delicious and fresh. Loved the Happy Hour after a day of hiking or biking or snorkeling - never felt as if you had to get "dolled up" for dinner yet meals were elegant and enjoyable.
Staff are top notch. They will know your name within an hour and always greet you with a friendly hello. I was an early riser (5:30am) and coffee was always hot and ready. Nothing more serene then sitting on that beautiful beach early in the morning. A memory to treasure always!
The tours are fabulous and run by Hamanasi staff who are better than a library in their knowledge of Belize.
Book Hamanasi whether you are single, married, divorced, with kids, no kids - you won't be disappointed. And chances are you will be come back as we plan to do!!!

Room Tip: We loved the Beachfront rooms for the kids as they could run out to the beach and back easily. The...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Barnstable, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My new wife and I spend 5 nights at Hamanasi, and found the experience to be excellent. The customer service was exceptional. Meals were very good. Excursions we amazing. The guides all had the highest level knowledge of the excursions they were conducting, whether it was a Mayan Ruins tours, Cave excursion, or hike in the Jaguar reserve. The vehicles used for these excursions are in great condition, with great AC and comfortable seats, which is important as drive times vary from 45 minutes to 2 1/2 hours. I was on my honeymoon, so was not looking for a nightlife, but be aware the bar closes and at 9:30 or 10, and the place is basically asleep after that. Neighboring Hopkins is a friendly, safe town with a few good restaurants, but minimal nightlife. The staff all know your name, and you feel that they really care about how good of a time you are having. I would recommend for couples and adventure seekers, not partiers or night owls.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mahopac, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We just returned from a 5 day trip to the Hamanasi Resort. We have traveled extensively to many countries and this was one of the top places we have stayed at. My wife and I, our 3 adult children and a close family friend all feel the same. Although the weather left much to be desired- unseasonable rain- it did not impact our activities much and everyone went out of their way to insure our comforts. The treehouse rooms were spacious, clean and very comfortable, the grounds beautiful and well maintained, their environmental consciousness is excellent, and we were so impressed that every staff member was very friendly and tried to remember everyone's name. The guides were very knowledgeable and the staff were happy to arrange a private belizean cooking demonstration. All-in-all no complaints and we would love to go back in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!