“Rethink your idea of tropical vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopkins
Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort
You added Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort to your Saves list
Hopkins/Sittee River Road | Hopkins Village, Hopkins, Belize   |
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hopkins
Halifax, Canada
“Rethink your idea of tropical vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

What to say about the perfect vacation. The staff and people of Belize we met were simply the nicest of anywhere we've been. We place a lot of value on service and our expectations were surpassed at Hamanasi. This is also not a party hotel, most people were in bed or back in their rooms after supper.
The dive operation runs totally smoothly. They seemed to get guests at neighbouring hotels, and they cater to a variety of skill sets. My husband saw a hammerhead on his second dive! If you have the time, make sure you do the ziplining. OMG - so fun! The mayan tour takes you across Belize so you can see how pristine and untouched the country really is.
Make sure to bring plenty of sunscreen, we got slightly burnt snorkelling and kayaking. Bring bug spray as well, the resort appears to be carved into the jungle, so the no-see-ims are pretty intense.
I actually cried on the puddle jumped to Belize City airport when we left. I don't think we'll ever surpass the vacation bar set by Hamanasi and Belize.

Room Tip: People rave about the tree houses, but we were in one of the Honeymoon suites on the beach and it wa...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
Waukesha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My Husband and I just returned from a week vacation at Hamanasi. As stated in other reviews this place is a true gem. The reviews and awards are dead on. The Hamanasi staff where hands down the most gracious, attentive and helpful staff we have ever encountered in our years of travel. From the tours, to the snorkeling, we enjoyed knowledgeable and friendly guides. The rooms were spacious, very clean, and very comfortable. The grounds were impeccable, the reef was so awesome and the FOOD.....outstanding!!!! The chef was gracious enough to cook up a fish that my husband had caught the same day for a fresh meal and it was impeccably prepared. There is a reason why they have been awarded the best Hotel of Belize and a reason they continue to receive great reviews. If you are choosing Belize as your destination, a stop at Hamanasi is money well spent. You will not want to leave.

Room Tip: All the rooms have A/C. The treehouse rooms are really novel and private, while you have beautiful...
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Hamanasi is a fantastic place to stay. The site is perfect and everything is beautifully kept. We had one of the beachfront rooms rather than a treehouse and I think, personally, that these rooms are nicer - the treehouses, as you would expect, are in amongst the trees and looked a bit dark, whereas we had a nice view of the beach over the top of the palm trees. The ratio of staff to guests was very high and everyone was really friendly and would do everything they could to help you. The room was a good size with everything you need including a large drinking water dispenser, which means you don't have to spend loads of money on bottled water. All the rooms have Aircon, which is good not just for reducing the temperature, but also for reducing humidity, which can be very high.

The dive centre was excellent. They carted all the gear to and from the boats and took care of all the rinsing off after the trip, so all we had to do was sit on the boat and dive! The guides and divemasters were great and really knowledgeable.

All of this comes at a price, though, and I felt it was a bit expensive, particularly if you eat at the restaurant in the evenings. However, if you are happy to pay your money, then you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Pleasant Hill, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

All the reviews that say this place is like heaven are true! When my husband and I arrived at Hamanasi we literally felt like we had died and gone to heaven. We spent 8 days of our honeymoon there. Some of the highlights:
--the people at Hamanasi are hands down its best asset. The staff will go to any lengths to make you feel like royalty. They pay attention to the details. (Seriously - they take regular classes on this stuff and it pays off!) We had booked the deluxe treehouse for two nights and the remaining nights in a beachfront room, to save cost. (HIGHLY recommend the deluxe treehouse. It is GORGEOUS.) When we went to arrange our move from one room to the other, they surprised us by upgrading us so that we stayed the remainder of our stay in the deluxe treehouse at no extra charge. (I was so happy I think I cried a little.) The staff is attentive, kind, they are there when you need them but they don't invade your space when you want privacy. Every single person seemed to genuinely care whether we were enjoying ourselves, and they seemed to be enjoying themselves too.
--the food was incredible. We live in the Bay Area and have had the privilege of eating in some pretty great restaurants. Hamanasi's food was just as good as any five star foodie restaurant.
--we did a lot of diving. The diving was incredible. If you get the chance to go to Glover's Atoll or Turneffe (we actually didn't get the chance to go to Turneffe Atoll but have heard such great things about it), do it. The reef is wonderful but after a few dives you've probably seen all you're going to see. The divemasters and other diving staff were very helpful and knowledgeable.
--Like I said above we stayed in the deluxe treehouse (I think it was #23). We toured the rest of the rooms and although they were all nice, I would definitely recommend the treehouses.

We were concerned after having been to Mexico (Tulum) in September 2011 that it would be uncomfortably hot. It wasn't. It was quite hot, but definitely bearable. And all the rooms at Hamanasi have A/C.

To summarize, this place is truly a gem. You feel like you're family when you're there. Although the place itself is gorgeous and very well kept with great amenities and tons of activities, the people at Hamanasi are what make it so exceptional.

Room Tip: Deluxe treehouse! Gorgeous!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort in Belize this past October, 2012. Although we were excited, we also worried that we would feel too isolated, wouldn't like the food, or that there would be not enough to do. This couldn't be farther from the truth! It was the trip of a lifetime in every way.

Hamanasi has exceptional service, superb management, the best dining I've ever experienced (I'm a vegetarian with a peanut allergy!), and more adventures than you could fit into a three-week stay. Every staff member is warm, comforting and genuine. By the end of your stay, you will know them all by name and you will feel like family. By our third day, my husband was trying to talk the manager into a retirement job!

Hamanasi has something for everyone, first-class cocktail drinks, caving, hiking, a beautiful pool, knowledgable guides, outstanding dive instructors, cultural outings, bird-watching, trips to the barrier reef... the list goes on. You can fill each day to brim or just relax by the clear, shallow sea. We made friends at Hamanasi that we hope to have for a very long time.

It wasn't just the food, activities and the accommodations that made this place so special. There is a hominess here that you can't find anywhere else in Belize. It's clear that every staff member has bought into the purpose and the mission behind Hamanasi. They are proud of their beautiful country, their culture, and of working at a place that prides itself on its protection of the natural world. There is a warmth and authenticity here that is missing in most resorts.

Go and reserve your own private treehouse right now. Don't forget your smile and sense of adventure!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Short Version: If you're planning on visiting Belize, Hamanasi is the most comprehensive resort with a reasonable price. The staff is very accommodating and there's plenty of options for adventures. If you just feel like being lazy, the beach or bar are both great alternatives.

Long Version: My wife and I chose Belize for our honeymoon because weather.com said the weather wouldn't be too terrible (compared to other destinations). I google'd resorts in Belize and Hamanasi was top of the list. I knew this was the perfect place as soon as I reviewed the website (though I still shopped around). After I reserved a treehouse for 7 nights, I booked my flight (separately). I sent the airline information to Hamanasi and they booked a local flight to get us from BZE to the Dangriga airport (20 minutes; included in package). From there, a driver picked us up and took us to Hamanasi (40 minutes). The driver was very knowledgeable and friendly and entertained us during the whole ride. When we arrived at the resort, we went through a welcome session where we were informed how to sign up for adventures, meals, and general tips on getting the most out of our stay. We then went up to our treehouse (#21). It was the perfect accommodation for honeymooners; We had plenty of space and privacy. I didn't get the honeymoon package, but our room still came with a bottle of champagne and a nice welcome note. Enough about the warm welcoming, the meals were amazing. There was a different menu every day and an extensive breakfast buffet with fresh fruit and different unique juices every morning. The bartenders were capable of making any drink and came up with a different special every day that never disappointed us (ask for a "crazy coconut"). We met some great people at happy hour as well. The resort provided complimentary kayaks and bicycles so you can ride to Hopkins and mix it up with the locals, who are very nice people and a joy to hang out with. As for the adventures, they're scheduled so that you have the opportunity to attend all of them if you'd like. The guides work for Hamanasi and know a lot about Belize, the environment, different animals, and the surrounding areas. You can find out more info about the adventures from their website though. The only extra adventure we went on was ziplining at Bocawina, which I HIGHLY recommend. You can google them for more info. We're not SCUBA certified so we went snorkeling. The guides helped us ease into it and were very knowledgeable and skilled. Even though there was an overcast, we still had great visibility and we saw some very unique fish. Overall, this resort offers a wide variety of things to do and will be willing to find adventures off their list if you request. The staff made it a point to memorize our names and were extremely friendly. The groundskeepers worked hard to keep the sand raked and the leaves off the walking paths. They even raked the shore every morning to keep it clean. My wife and I are not the "lazy vacation" type people so we thought this was the perfect place for us. We made great friends and have amazing stories. We're also already planning our trip back so I hope to see you there!

Room Tip: If you want privacy, get a treehouse. Even the honeymoon suites share a wall with each other. Plus...
Neptune, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed for 9 nights at Hamanasi and by the end of our stay, we just did not want to go home! We cannot recommend this place more. The staff is kind, sincere, and outstanding at their jobs. The resort itself is comfortable and offers the perfect blend of relaxation and adventure. The restaurant was excellent. The guides for the adventure trips were excellent. The environmental focus is thorough and refreshing. There just isn't anything mediocre about this place. We chose Hamanasi because of the Trip Advisor reviews it received. I mean look at them! Choose Hamanasi. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!