“Words can't describe - all the fabulous reviews are true!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopkins
Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort
You added Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort to your Saves list
Hopkins/Sittee River Road | Hopkins Village, Hopkins, Belize   |
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hopkins
Pleasant Hill, California
“Words can't describe - all the fabulous reviews are true!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

All the reviews that say this place is like heaven are true! When my husband and I arrived at Hamanasi we literally felt like we had died and gone to heaven. We spent 8 days of our honeymoon there. Some of the highlights:
--the people at Hamanasi are hands down its best asset. The staff will go to any lengths to make you feel like royalty. They pay attention to the details. (Seriously - they take regular classes on this stuff and it pays off!) We had booked the deluxe treehouse for two nights and the remaining nights in a beachfront room, to save cost. (HIGHLY recommend the deluxe treehouse. It is GORGEOUS.) When we went to arrange our move from one room to the other, they surprised us by upgrading us so that we stayed the remainder of our stay in the deluxe treehouse at no extra charge. (I was so happy I think I cried a little.) The staff is attentive, kind, they are there when you need them but they don't invade your space when you want privacy. Every single person seemed to genuinely care whether we were enjoying ourselves, and they seemed to be enjoying themselves too.
--the food was incredible. We live in the Bay Area and have had the privilege of eating in some pretty great restaurants. Hamanasi's food was just as good as any five star foodie restaurant.
--we did a lot of diving. The diving was incredible. If you get the chance to go to Glover's Atoll or Turneffe (we actually didn't get the chance to go to Turneffe Atoll but have heard such great things about it), do it. The reef is wonderful but after a few dives you've probably seen all you're going to see. The divemasters and other diving staff were very helpful and knowledgeable.
--Like I said above we stayed in the deluxe treehouse (I think it was #23). We toured the rest of the rooms and although they were all nice, I would definitely recommend the treehouses.

We were concerned after having been to Mexico (Tulum) in September 2011 that it would be uncomfortably hot. It wasn't. It was quite hot, but definitely bearable. And all the rooms at Hamanasi have A/C.

To summarize, this place is truly a gem. You feel like you're family when you're there. Although the place itself is gorgeous and very well kept with great amenities and tons of activities, the people at Hamanasi are what make it so exceptional.

Room Tip: Deluxe treehouse! Gorgeous!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort in Belize this past October, 2012. Although we were excited, we also worried that we would feel too isolated, wouldn't like the food, or that there would be not enough to do. This couldn't be farther from the truth! It was the trip of a lifetime in every way.

Hamanasi has exceptional service, superb management, the best dining I've ever experienced (I'm a vegetarian with a peanut allergy!), and more adventures than you could fit into a three-week stay. Every staff member is warm, comforting and genuine. By the end of your stay, you will know them all by name and you will feel like family. By our third day, my husband was trying to talk the manager into a retirement job!

Hamanasi has something for everyone, first-class cocktail drinks, caving, hiking, a beautiful pool, knowledgable guides, outstanding dive instructors, cultural outings, bird-watching, trips to the barrier reef... the list goes on. You can fill each day to brim or just relax by the clear, shallow sea. We made friends at Hamanasi that we hope to have for a very long time.

It wasn't just the food, activities and the accommodations that made this place so special. There is a hominess here that you can't find anywhere else in Belize. It's clear that every staff member has bought into the purpose and the mission behind Hamanasi. They are proud of their beautiful country, their culture, and of working at a place that prides itself on its protection of the natural world. There is a warmth and authenticity here that is missing in most resorts.

Go and reserve your own private treehouse right now. Don't forget your smile and sense of adventure!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Short Version: If you're planning on visiting Belize, Hamanasi is the most comprehensive resort with a reasonable price. The staff is very accommodating and there's plenty of options for adventures. If you just feel like being lazy, the beach or bar are both great alternatives.

Long Version: My wife and I chose Belize for our honeymoon because weather.com said the weather wouldn't be too terrible (compared to other destinations). I google'd resorts in Belize and Hamanasi was top of the list. I knew this was the perfect place as soon as I reviewed the website (though I still shopped around). After I reserved a treehouse for 7 nights, I booked my flight (separately). I sent the airline information to Hamanasi and they booked a local flight to get us from BZE to the Dangriga airport (20 minutes; included in package). From there, a driver picked us up and took us to Hamanasi (40 minutes). The driver was very knowledgeable and friendly and entertained us during the whole ride. When we arrived at the resort, we went through a welcome session where we were informed how to sign up for adventures, meals, and general tips on getting the most out of our stay. We then went up to our treehouse (#21). It was the perfect accommodation for honeymooners; We had plenty of space and privacy. I didn't get the honeymoon package, but our room still came with a bottle of champagne and a nice welcome note. Enough about the warm welcoming, the meals were amazing. There was a different menu every day and an extensive breakfast buffet with fresh fruit and different unique juices every morning. The bartenders were capable of making any drink and came up with a different special every day that never disappointed us (ask for a "crazy coconut"). We met some great people at happy hour as well. The resort provided complimentary kayaks and bicycles so you can ride to Hopkins and mix it up with the locals, who are very nice people and a joy to hang out with. As for the adventures, they're scheduled so that you have the opportunity to attend all of them if you'd like. The guides work for Hamanasi and know a lot about Belize, the environment, different animals, and the surrounding areas. You can find out more info about the adventures from their website though. The only extra adventure we went on was ziplining at Bocawina, which I HIGHLY recommend. You can google them for more info. We're not SCUBA certified so we went snorkeling. The guides helped us ease into it and were very knowledgeable and skilled. Even though there was an overcast, we still had great visibility and we saw some very unique fish. Overall, this resort offers a wide variety of things to do and will be willing to find adventures off their list if you request. The staff made it a point to memorize our names and were extremely friendly. The groundskeepers worked hard to keep the sand raked and the leaves off the walking paths. They even raked the shore every morning to keep it clean. My wife and I are not the "lazy vacation" type people so we thought this was the perfect place for us. We made great friends and have amazing stories. We're also already planning our trip back so I hope to see you there!

Room Tip: If you want privacy, get a treehouse. Even the honeymoon suites share a wall with each other. Plus...
Neptune, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed for 9 nights at Hamanasi and by the end of our stay, we just did not want to go home! We cannot recommend this place more. The staff is kind, sincere, and outstanding at their jobs. The resort itself is comfortable and offers the perfect blend of relaxation and adventure. The restaurant was excellent. The guides for the adventure trips were excellent. The environmental focus is thorough and refreshing. There just isn't anything mediocre about this place. We chose Hamanasi because of the Trip Advisor reviews it received. I mean look at them! Choose Hamanasi. You won't be disappointed!

Fremont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I went for our 10 year anniversary last week. Great weather..not humid; but lots of mosquitoes (which is standard over there); definitely recommend searching for a sunscreen with bug repellant (2 in 1) to save on time and hassle. we stayed at deluxe treehouse #23; we definitely recommend it since it is one of the newer treehouses and it is really really spacious; we had a jacuzzi on the patio and the bathroom has 2 showers! we also have a mini fridge and a countertop sink. the treehouse was more beautiful in real life than the pictures. large windows everywhere which made you feel like you are sleeping/staying in the middle of the forest. lots of privacy also. and like everyone said, the service was impeccable.

Room Tip: recommend treehouse no.23
Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Brookline, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My husband and I just celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary at Hamanasi last week and still cannot say enough to those here at home about what a wonderful experience it was. Of course the accommodations were beautiful and the food fabulous but it was much more than that. From the hand written "Happy Anniversay Doug and Stephanie" note written on a leaf placed on greens on our bed, to everyone greeting us by our first names, to the special attention to every detail of our daily experience, to the care and knowledge shown on our tours...and just on and on...It was like we were treated as family yet had all the privacy we desired. We will definitely be returning! Doug and Stephanie Rutt

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

It's not just the Caribbean right out your door or the amazing country of Belize that make Hamanasi a jewel. The warmth of both the other guests and the staff make you feel like you are among friends. The staff does everything to help make your stay one you won't forget. They will accommodate special requests for trips that may not be on the schedule the day you want to go on an inland adventure. The rooms are beautifully decorated and include porches with hammocks. The marine staff help make you feel very safe if you choose to learn to scuba dive, which we did.
During Happy hour at the bar everyone is friendly and inclusive. I went with my 25 year old son who I hadn't seen in many months. We were a bit worried we would feel weird not being among the young couple group. Not at all the case! Families, couples, singles...this is a place for everyone. We loved Hamanasi and Belize. Susan Jake

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!